I'm really depressed

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I'm really depressed

Postby Scott Summers » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:57 am

I'm really depressed at the moment.

Last year I met this really fun guy and we hit it off like straightaway. We've become really close or so I thought.

This incident happened early this year and since then he's holed himself up at home. So I just arranged to meet up at his house and then we'd just go wherever and just hang out. That was until last month.

Now all of a sudden he's become really tired all the time and doesn't want to come out, He's described what I think sounds like either polio or just chronic fatigue, and it's got me concerned.

See when he used to come out with me we'd sometimes just sit in the car and talk and I ended up spilling my guts out to him and he listened and offered advice which i took and acted on and now my problems don't seem that big anymore.

I tried to do the same to him but he said I'll deal with my own problems. Now I don't know what that came from and since then ( that was this morning) I've been really depressed cos those simple little words seem like a slap in the face.

Is he right though? should I back off and leave him alone to sort himself out?
Scott Summers
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby munchpufftigs » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:53 am

best advice let him know u r there if he need to talk, or anything tell him he can call or text ant time of the day and just support him.

I know you said you are depreessed just and stay strong and be there for him. I have depression and deal with it bad and i wouldnt let my frriend be there for me. and my ex made him self ill worring about me, when he was at work then it made me feel wrose cause of it.

Worry about him just dont make ur self ill thro it.

soz if it dont make sense im not out 2 be nasty just thought i woould explain what it like when people desspred
munchpufftigs
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Scott Summers » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:55 am

My friend is now for some reason not answering my calls. And I have a really big complex about people ignoring me. Last night it really got to me that I have no friends or at least I have no friends that understand me. I ended up being at work feeling frustrated and very depressed to the point of tears.

Sorry for the change of topic.
Scott Summers
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 am

There are two issues here

Your friend may have Glandular Fever, depresssion, agrophobia or some other illness if he doesn't ever want to come out
The illness may be part of the reason he is not answering your calls

However you are obviously depressed yourself and have self esteem issues. I think a trip to the doctors would be a good idea.

Just becasue someone doesn'tr answer there phone doesn't mean they are ignoring you, they could be out and left it at home, asleep, in the bath and didn't hear it ring, have company and don't want to be rude to their visitor by taking the call.

Text your friend and just say "have't heard from you in a while and wanted to check your ok?" That is accusatory and is freindly. Hopefully when he can you'll get a text back.
Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...