Low Self Esteem/Confidence

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Low Self Esteem/Confidence

Postby PurePurple » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Hey all, I dunno if you remember I posted about having low self esteem, but I really haven't helped myself at all, and it just seems to be getting worse.

Here's 2 pics of me:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/sygnosis/lool.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/s ... dited9.jpg

Someone told me yesterday I have really good skin and I have a natural beauty without make-up.

I know I should be happy, but I just said "No I don't" and I refuse to believe them. I'm actually really sick of having low self esteem and being so shy. Any tips on how to combat this?
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Sparkly_Penguin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:14 am

I have the same problem as you, but what I find effective is seeing things from other people's point of view. They're saying this for a reason-Because it's all true!You do appear to have natural good looks and may I just say you've got lovely eyes to match. As hard as it may be, instead of putting up a fight when you get a compliment, maybe just say thank you, even if you don't want to. You might think it makes no difference and in the short run it doesn't, but in the long run it becomes a habbit and instead of putting yourself down further you take the compliment in and it can make you feel great, even just for a few seconds.

You could also try taking pictures of yourself, then select the best one or two, and ask why are these my favourites?...Well I've good nice eyes here and I like my pout there...Compliment yourself! :D Taking pictures really can make you feel confident in many ways.

If you're sick of having low self esteem then shock yourself and really push the boat out by buying a new outfit or getting a new haircut that would really make you stand out and be complimented to the max.

But PurePurple, everyone is beautiful, inside and out, you are no exception! :)
Sparkly_Penguin
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Low Self Esteem/Confidence

Postby retrochav » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:38 pm

Pure Purple, i know women who can only dream of having such strikingly beautiful looks. I have nothing to gain through telling you that so take it as it is meant, an objective observation of you.

Beauty only tells a surface story, so take advantage of the first impression that nature has given you and concentrate on being beautiful on the inside too, which judging by your presence on this site you already have inner beauty.

By being loving to those who deserve it, and side stepping those who dont, you will have the best of all possible worlds.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:30 am

When someone gives you a compliment, thank them. It's great to be told of something about yourself that is good. :D Treasure these compliments!

retrochav wrote:Beauty only tells a surface story, so take advantage of the first impression that nature has given you and concentrate on being beautiful on the inside too, which judging by your presence on this site you already have inner beauty.

Retrochav has said it. I know this sounds a bit odd, but inner beauty is definitely more important then your looks.

Take Care.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Write down some things you like about yourself and when your feeling bad about yourself read them a few times.
They don't all have to be based on looks, some nice traits about your personality
Reinforce yourself with the good things about you and in time you should turn around your thinking of yourself
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Xpose soph 07 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:28 pm

Hello,

Iv got pretty low self esteem too, Im not even sure why really but my dads always saying I do...

He told me yesterday that I got to love myself, who I am and what I do and then I will be happy and content...

Iv booked up yoga this Wednesday, took my mum out for dinner Friday and helped a friend out Saturday

I no this sounds silly, but these things made me feel better about myself, I think sometimes I try to pls everyone, that I actually end up doin the opposite and people take things I do the wrong way...

concentrate in doin things that make u happy, and being a good person and I think itl all fall into place x
Xpose soph 07
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:47 am

x pose soph - your dad is right it's so true you just have to love yourself

I used to have really bad self estem but you got to learn to accept what you have and concentrate on your good bits

There is ALWAYS many people uglier, unhelathier, sadder and more troubled than you

Pure purple your a really pretty girl and I have no need to tell you that but I want you to start beleiving it. Forget lookign at airbrushed photos in magazines they are so unrealistic. Look around you at all the different shape and sizes and colours

I always say one day you will be old and you will look back and reaslie the best beauty you have is when you are younger so enjoy it to the best you can becasue one day you willb e wrinkly and have saggy boobs etc and you don't want to be an old lady and look back and wish you enjoyed what you have today
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Xpose soph 07 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:21 am

Yep my dads a pretty wise man :-)

It is true tho, the more I begin to think of others, do nice things and take each day it comes the more up lifted you feel

I think sometimes people try so hard to be perfect and please everyone (which is impossible) so just take each day as it comes x
Xpose soph 07
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Pwif » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:13 pm

Bel Bel wrote:becasue one day you willb e wrinkly and have saggy boobs etc

That's me... :lol:
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...