Keeping a conversation going

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Keeping a conversation going

Postby netballluva » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:59 pm

I recently have moved friendship groups as I really was not goetting along with them and most of them had turned against me. The new people Im hanging around with are really really lovely people but Im having difficulty gettin to know them as Im a very shy person and can't keep a conversation going! Just wondering if its something you can learn and or not and if you can I was wondering if anyone had any tips?! Thanks x
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Kayx » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:42 am

First of all Netballluva,well done you for going out there and finding new friends.For some people this is the hardest part =D> The more you hang around with new people the more you learn to get along with them. Perhaps suggest going for a meal/to the cinema or even the zoo!!! or something just to get conversations flowing and you'll find that when you're having a good time you won't have to worry about keeping the conversation up.

Let us know how you get on

Kayx
Kayx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby pink stripes » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Yeah organise to go out - you know; meal, bowling, cinema, theme park etc. That way you can bond with them, get to know them and should have no problems with keeping the conversation flowing nicely :D

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Keeping a conversation going

Postby retrochav » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:00 pm

its really inspiring that you have made new friends.

Pink Stripes has made some great suggestions that will give you lots of memmories to talk about.

Also, a good listener is just as valued as an "entertainer" in a crowd.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...