allergic and unhappy

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

allergic and unhappy

Postby tinkerbell83 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:57 pm

At the beginning of the year I was really ill with chest infections and viral infections, this went on until may from december, i got a kitten in april and in may i was admitted to hospital as i suffered a asthma attack not knowing that i had asthma. i was advised that i must be allergic to cat hair but i had been ill for months prior to getting the kitten so i never gave up my cat.
I feel ill all the time, i am constantly bunged up with flu like symptoms and feel rubbish. I am so attached to my cat i dont want to give him up, i know its silly having bad health for a cat but im not definetly sure its him anyway. Ive started taking vitamins every day to try and help my immune system. Is there anything else i can do??
tinkerbell83
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:52 am

I think it would be best to give up your kitten but you can try swimming to help your immune system.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby XxXSBXxX » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi Tinkerbell82,

I cant see how people could think you are allergic to cat hair if you have already been sick for a few months before hand!!..

I dont really kno what else you could do to make you feel better maybe go the docs and ask for a prescrition??..(Sorry bout the spelling)!!
Or get an allergy test done????..

Sorry i cant be of better help!

Hope you feel better.. [-o<

xx
XxXSBXxX
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:52 pm

try taking echinacea it builds up your immunity - Available at health food stores
Have you looked at other things that could be causing it
Do you sleep near a draft?
Do you wrap up appropriately when it's cold?
Is there damp where you live?
Do you dry your clothes properly before wearing them?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby bellajennie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:59 pm

Hey i just wondered if you had thought about being allergic to dust/dust mites because that really affects me. I also got a cat about a year ago and was worried that I may make the symptoms worse. I did find that the cat was another body in the house (and as they malt they shed a lot of skin cells). Thus you have more dust around. Maybe you haven't really noticed this, but keep making sure the house is hoovered every day and use all the immune boosting things others have suggested. Maybe this is contributing???

Jennie x x
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby all_apologies » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:58 pm

Is there anyone that could look after your cat for a week or two to see if your symptoms disappear?
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to And the rest...