Interview advice

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Interview advice

Postby penlou:) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:46 pm

hey, i'v got a job interview at River Island on friday and I dont have a clue what to expect!
Has anyone ever had an interview with them? what kinda things do they ask? or just any interview advice in general would be great! i'm not very good with this type of thing!
thanks
penlou:)
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby pink stripes » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:02 pm

Penlou:) Welcome to PP :)

Well done with getting an interview :) The best advice is just to try and keep calm, no interview is the same but you can help your self with the questions by knowing your CV and what's on it. If you've had previous work experience they might ask you about it so be prepared for this.

Also researching about their shop can sometimes earn you brownie points - that way they know your serious about the job and you have taken an interest in it :)

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misskrystal » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:08 pm

I worked there. During the interview, I was asked to pick an outfit (possibly for a particular occasion, but I can't remember) and discuss it. I picked something very similar to one of their mannequins, as I know the vision merchandisers put a lot of effort into them. I changed a few things to suit my personality and explained why I liked it.

It would also be really useful if you found out what their best sellers are (my friend's a manager so it was easy for me) and discuss them. Go into the shop before your interview and ask which pair of jeans is most popular or which is their best selling hand bag.

As with any interview, it's good to know a little about the company and the store you are applying to. Make the interviewer aware that you understand you will be working in one of the busiest clothes shops during the busiest time of year (I worked over Christmas and it was hectic).

Take some time to prepare, think about the types of questions you may be asked (previous experience, hobbies, availability) and plan some answers. I know I have stock answers to some of the more difficult questions, which I can adapt to the type of job I'm applying for.

If you need any more information, feel free to PM me. Good luck.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby penlou:) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 am

thats great thanks! one more question what type of thing should i wear?
penlou:)
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby pink stripes » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:29 am

Go for something smart

But not jeans :-?

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misskrystal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:45 am

Again, have a look at the type of clothes they're selling, particularly smart ones and try to wear something similar. I once had a trial at a clothes shop I didn't really know anything about and went wearing my usual clothes. The clothes the shop sold were about as different to mine as you can get and in the end, my clothes were the reason I didn't get it.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...