random but need help lol

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

random but need help lol

Postby colourful » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:19 pm

hey, this is not one for the top of the list of everyone's problems but i really cant get my head around it.

Can anybody advise me on where to go on the internet to download a vast range of different songs? I want to make a CD as a personal gift for my boyfriend this christmas and when i did it 4 or 5 years ago i used a programme i installed where you could download for free, but you gotta pay for all music now! (i realise this was illegal, but oh so convenient)

Anyway the long and short of it, what website is good, safe and secure to download just ten/twenty songs and not be giving out card details and address' etc etc, as i don't like handing out lots of details to these sorta things! i know you can buy a card in supermarkets called iTunes does this give u a sort of "credit" where you can then go online and get songs?

Am i just behind the times? stuck in the 90's!? Any help is hugely appreciated as i just know i'll sign up to something i wont be able to get out of and get inundated with junk and offers etc...!!!

Thanks guys! :lol:
colourful
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:40 pm

iTunes is a media player and digital media store run by Apple. It's designed to go along with the iPod but you can use it on its own. You could download it here then get an iTunes gift card like you mentioned and then use your credit to download the songs. Other than that, most legal download sites will require you to give credit card details in order to pay for your music.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby colourful » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:54 am

Thankyou for your reply, it sounds ideal to me. Do you know whether you can then put the songs you've downloaded onto a CD? Or have they copyrighted them..

Thanks again for your reply!

xx
colourful
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:12 am

They are copyrighted, but I think it allows you to burn up to something like 7 copies of a given song. So yes, you could burn them onto CDs. iTunes is quite restrictive in this way, though. Other pay sites don't put these copyrights on the files so you can do what you like with them.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby colourful » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:16 am

ah ok. i think thats everything answered then!! thankyou so much for your help! hugely appreciated. I'll be getting my iTunes giftcard later and have a play around! Thankyou!! :rofl:
colourful
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...