It's getting me down.

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

It's getting me down.

Postby Tempest » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:34 pm

Okay, so I went to see the Clothes Show Live yesterday. I had fun but there's one thing that's really getting me down.

It sounds pathetic.

A talent spotter saw me and said I would be ideal for the catwalk if I was taller. I'd have preferred it if he hadn't come over at all, it didn't make me feel any better to know that I have no chance in hell because I'm 6 inches below the catwalk guidlines.

I know it sounds stupid that I want to be a model, but I've just got a real desire for it. I know I could never make it as a model, though, as I'm only 5'2 and can't see myself growing another 6 inches.

It just really annoys me because it's not something I can change. If it was my measurements, I could lost weight or maybe get surgery in a few years time if I were that desperate (though I don't think I'd consider that). But it's my height.

It's really getting me down that there's a bad aspect of myself that I can't change. I can change my hair and I could lose weight if I needed to, but I can't change my height.

I know no-one can be perfect and I'm stupid to be upset about this, but I can't help it. It doesn't help that one of my friends is constantly commenting on how much taller she is than me.

Cheer me up?
Tempest
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby all_apologies » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:18 pm

Why don't you look at the positive rather than the negative? Okay, so you're too short, but he said that otherwise you were perfect for the job. That can't be a bad thing!

And if you're really interested in modelling, there are loads of places that sell petite ranges and need models to show off the clothes accordingly. Have a look through any catalogue - Next, Littlewoods, La Redoute etc and check out their petites sections. Okay, you maybe don't fit the requirements of a catwalk model, but that doesn't rule out other forms of modelling if it's what you want to do.

PS. I'm the same height as you too and it doesn't bother me at all. Most people just say it's cute, so embrace it and don't worry about taller friends commenting on it!
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's getting me down.

Postby brfc » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:24 pm

Tempest wrote:It's really getting me down that there's a bad aspect of myself that I can't change. I can change my hair and I could lose weight if I needed to, but I can't change my height.

hey sorry too hear about your problem its not a bad aspect of you its a bad aspect of the modeling industry that they want very tall thin people. why i ask myself? there are great looking girls out there who are not over 5ft 8 but one look at them they blow me away. im sure they do to other guys too. try not too worry you are perfect just as you are im sure. brfc x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:08 am

all_apologies is right there are so many other types of modelling you can do
sometimes they just want a face or even hands to model
I think you should investigate what else you can do
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby misskrystal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 pm

There are plenty of modelling jobs for shorter women, most of which offer a better lifestyle than catwalk too. You should look into agencies in your area and contact them about jobs for women of your height.

You should also consider looking into work as a film/ TV extra.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...