Hypnosis side effect?

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hypnosis side effect?

Postby Arwen_06 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi guys, would be interested to hear your thoughts on this -

I recently bought a hypnosis tape for improving self confidence.

I started listening to the tape a week ago. It has worked wonders - I am so much calmer, more positive, confident and assertive. However, I have also completely lost my appetite.

I do need to lose some weight but have always had a good appetite and never got very far before. Since the first time I listened to the recording, I have stopped eating breakfast completely, and most days skip lunch too (if I do eat anything it is one biscuit only). My family always have a proper meal at tea time, such as chicken, veg and mash, which I used to enjoy, but I am now only able to eat 4 or 5 mouthfuls then I'm full. I've also cut out all desserts and snacks and only drink water. The thought of eating greasy or fatty foods makes me feel sick. Quite simply I'm just not at all hungry.

It feels great having so much control over my diet and virtually never being hungry, but I'm barely eating and concerned that this might be too sudden and extreme. I have gone through the tape several times and there is nothing on it about diet, only that you feel more healthy and are able to break bad habits. I don't want to stop using it as it has bought me so many benefits and I'm finally starting to get somewhere with my career due to my new found confidence.

Any thoughts are welcome, look forward to your replies

Arwen x
Arwen_06
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Yellowcoaching » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 am

It could be possible that your mind has interpretted the message about breaking unhealthy patterns to mean you should avoid overeating and make healthier choices.

I think if you are finding meals difficult you might be better off to try and eat small regular healthy snacks. A piece of fruit at breakfast, yoghurt and a salad for lunch?

If you are concerned about the health effects of a dietary change then see you GP for reassurance.

You could try altering your thinking a bit as to what constitutes unhealthy eating and listen to the tape again to see if it make a difference?
You only get one life; I can help you make the most of it.
Yellowcoaching
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...