Where to Live?

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Where to Live?

Postby u_l_g » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm stuck in a pickle about where to live and don't know what to do!

I'm single (financially anyway) and currently rent a place with a friend who is moving away soon.

I've been living with various room mates / friends in various places for the past 5 years and as well as i got on with every one of them i HATED living with them. I even lived with my ex b/f for a while and i hated that too. I've tried living with my parents too and we also rub eachother up the wrong way.

I just want to live on my own! I have my family, friends and boyfriend when i need them and that's enough for me. I would like to one day live with my b/f but we've only been together a few months so it's definltly too soon for that.

The problem is this - i can't afford to live alone. Even in the cheapest nastiest of places i'd struggle to pay the rent and bills on my own. Hell , I struggle as it is! So what can i do? I feel like i'm at the end of my teather trying to find someone i can get along with and live with. A partner who i chose to live with will probably be the answer eventually but what about until then? Just be miserable?
u_l_g
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby brfc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:45 pm

you can get help with your rent/council tax if you want too move into your own place. best place to go would be your citizens advice bureax they will tell you about what you can claim if you want your own place. then you can work out if you can afford it.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misskrystal » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:12 pm

I completely understand how you feel. I lived with a close friend for a while and I hated it. We had conflicting ideas of what constituted a comfortable living environment and it just didn't work.

Until you can afford to live on your own, you could consider living with complete strangers. People who share the house, but live completely separate lives. It's not the same as living alone, but you'd have a lot more space than you would living with friends.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...