Illness

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Illness

Postby Empathy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:44 am

Hey for the past week i have been left with a bad stomache and feel as though i am going to faint does anyone know what this could be? I know i should go to the doctors but i dont have time with my work schedule and im too stressed at the moment with night time college classes and a full time job. I have assignments due in four weeks and im far behind.

Could stress be the reason or is it some sort of food poisoning? I tried looking at websites but have no idea.
Empathy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:35 am

It's impossible to say without an examination from a doctor of course, but both stomach upsets and faintness are common side-effects of extreme stress (I get this myself, but the stress does have to be pretty extreme). Likewise, it could also be a tummy bug - the faintness could occur if you are not eating enough due to the discomfort. However, these are also common symptoms of early pregnancy - is this a possibility?

Either way, while a dodgy tummy isn't too serious, any problem involving faintness should definitely be checked out by a doctor as soon as possible, so try and make some time for an appointment. You could take your laptop/notebook into the waiting room with you, and do some college work while you're waiting.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Empathy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:37 am

Yea i think its best that i shud go to doctors. I keep having light headedness as well ad its driving me crazy. Thanks ill book an appointment asap.
Empathy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby peecee » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Did you go to the doc, petal? :)
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Empathy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:04 am

yeh he said to have check ups in hospital and then after that he said it was brought on by stress, so i went to another doctor and he sed i was anaemic lol
Empathy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:08 pm

There's a thread running about anaemia at the moment in the "Physical" section, called "What can I Eat?". It seems a lot of PPers have anaemia - do you think we all spend too long hunched over our PCs and not enough time eating properly :lol:

Glad you got it checked out, Empathy.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LaughinLoud » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:02 am

hey hon, i get those kinda pains all the time and i've been to the doctor countless times, so here's a few things they come up with for me..

are u on the pill? for some it helps the pain for others it makes it worse, u can try all kinds of different types though- this is to do with u uterus/womb area obviously

intestines- the dr gave me some buscopan as she thought they were cramped, but the tablets basically had the same effect as placebos (n the woman isn't a very good dr, most of my mates have the same clinic as me n they agree so i wouldn't bet it's this one)

IBS- aka irritable bowel syndrome, u won't be able to figure out what foods to avoid eatin if u don't make a visit to the dr

Stress- always a right moo with the stomach, i've been given a range of advice and everythin under the sun to try and make this go away- i think it's really likely that this is the case seein as u seem really put-upon of late, i was given the idea of puttin some money away for the time being, then when there's a decent amount there, go out and spend some time really doing somat that u love, either with ur friends or on ur own and make sure u get some 'me' time. I have really dry skin and have to apply cream everytime i get out of the shower (i am going somewhere with this don't worry) so i was told that i should have a bath every night with loads of good-quality emoliants in the bath, then get out n smother myself in moisurising cream and do somat i really want to do for the night- like i love havin some ice cream and watchin tv on my own or playin on the ps2 :P but for u it's obviously going to be somat entirely different

or, in a worst case scenario, it could be somat like pancreatic cancer.

either way u need to go see a dr i'm afraid to help get it all sorted out, and i bet if u have enough time to sit here n check ur emails, u have enough time to pick up the phone n get an appointment :P don't be scared, they're trying to help you

good luck

xxxxxxx
LaughinLoud
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...