Should I go for it?

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Should I go for it?

Postby l24e03o88 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi bit of a hard question,
One of my main goals was to go to university and train as a midwife, which i was going to apply for in 2009, howver I was diagnosed with PCOS about a month ago and told that I may have fertility problems should I go ahaed with my career plans or choose a more suitable option to fit my new found circumstances.
If anyone has any suggestions i would be really greatful as my head is in a bit of a scramble :-?
thanks
l24e03o88
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:37 am

why do you think PCOS will stop you achieving your aims? I say do exactly what you were going to do
Allowing any illness to hold you back is already admitting defeat. Half the battle is mental so stayed focused on what you want
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby poppylp » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:52 pm

I agree with Bel - you shouldn't let the PCOS hold you back. Maybe if you have reservations you should talk to the course co-ordinator and see if they can put your mind at rest?
If it's what you want to do - don't let anything hold you back, even if you may have issues with your own fertility, I don't see why it should stop you from being a midwife.
Hope it all goes well and good luck! :)
poppylp
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jess1234 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:34 am

Hey

You shouldn't let your illness hold you back from doing the job that you want to do. I think midwifery is a great career choice (I may be biased as I have wanted to be a midwife since the age of 8!) Stay focused on your goal, I hope everything works out for you

xxx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...