need money sooo bad please help x

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

need money sooo bad please help x

Postby ChloeBee » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:12 pm

heyyy.right ill get straight to the point, i neeeed a job, reallly bad lol. im 16 and leaving skool in a couple of weeks and it seems no body wants to take on staff untill they have left. everytime i go shopping its so depressing i want sooo many things, my mum will hardlly put any money towards a prom dress and i need money to go halfs with her. i have searched eveywhere. this is probably a pointless post but if they is anyone who knows where i could find a job just after skool and weekends then please say, in colne burnley or nelson which is in lancashire if any one reading this is from there. thank you please help im desperate

chloe x :(
ChloeBee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Where and how have you been trying? When I was first looking to get a job at 16, I sent a CV and covering letter into pretty much any shop in the city centre I was willing to work in. The first one that called back is the same job I'm still working at today. For the first two years I was still at school whilst working there (I'm now approaching my final year at uni). Similarly, most of the part time staff we have are students, so I don't think it should necessarily be the case that everywhere is looking for people who have left school. Loads of shops need people to work just at the weekend.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moving2spain » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 pm

i was a potwasher at ure age in a pub kitchen! not very glamourous but i had spending money! then i worked in a newsagents. i had friends who worked in cafe's and chip shops. these ae your best bets as you dont need qualifications and they usually pay cash in hand too. for these jobs you dont need a cv you just ask around!
moving2spain
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby peecee » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 pm

When we were 16, both my younger sister and I did Saturday jobs; cleaning in someone's house, factory work, and then working in Boots. When she was old enough, she worked behind a bar, I worked in a chip shop. And for years we both found jobs like that to supplement our less-than-exciting salaries...

Where I live now, there are always signs up in shops asking for temporary help. I'd try a_a's approach, check out all the shops in your area. Even if they don't need someone, they might know of someone who does.
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Go and ask the Temping agencies, the supermarkets, every shop in your town, B and Q, garden centres. If not offer to wash neighbours cars, mow their lawns etc
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Weasley » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:02 pm

I had a job as a junior in a hairdressers when I was 15, just washing hair and making tea! It was okay but it earnt me money which was good! I then went on to working at Somerfield and Sainsburys while I was at college and Uni. Supermarkets always need weekend staff. I started working Saturdays then they offered me more hours!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LemonJuice87 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:15 pm

moving2spain wrote:i was a potwasher at ure age in a pub kitchen! not very glamourous but i had spending money! then i worked in a newsagents. i had friends who worked in cafe's and chip shops. these ae your best bets as you dont need qualifications and they usually pay cash in hand too. for these jobs you dont need a cv you just ask around!

I was just about to say that! Lol. At 16 you can be a potwasher, or a waitress. In my opinion a waitress is better, you get out into the pub and meet new people.

I was a potwasher at 16, i still work there now. Not as a potwasher though. I've moved up now and i am practically running the pub.

Pop in your local pubs, straight after school though. They might not like it if you go in later. Unless your with your Mum. :)

Other than that, try everywhere and anything, within reason of course. Dont be to picky otherwise you wont get anywhere. :)
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...