Life...

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Life...

Postby furry » Sun May 11, 2008 10:53 pm

sucks!!

There you go i've said it, if you don't want to read a rant about how my life sucks you can leave now.

Ok so your still reading? Sure you don't want to leave?

My life sucks.

Exams suck, but they will be over soon. I'm screwed over them btw, i know nothing about anything this semester and have no inclination to study.

My 4th/5th year project sucks, i don't know where it's going and seem to be getting nowhere with the bit i do know anything about.

Uni seems to suck, i've lost most of my interest in it lately and i really can't be bothered anymore. Hopefully this is just because it's coming to the end of the year and it will all be ok in September.

I don't know where i'm going with my degree, haven't a clue, thought about doing a Phd but i don't want to if i'm not enjoying physics at the moment, whats the point. Beginning to wonder if i should be doing an engineering degree.

I feel like i'm losing all the people i care about, they all seem to be drifting away from me for some reason, it's not fun and i don't like it.

Everytime something good comes along i seem to mess it up in one way or another, say something stupid, miss read stuff and get the wrong idea and generally screw myself over. I think too much and drive myself round the bend with it.

I don't know what's going on in my head anymore, think i've got a split personality which gets slightly confusing every so often when i wonder why i'm thinking a certain way and it just screws with me even more.

Life was good for a while, quite a while ago mind you, last summer was good. Only thing i'm looking forward to at the moment is the end of exams and a trip to Fordell. Might have to stick my tent in the back of the car and run away for a wee while after exams up north somewhere but i might not get the chance, might land up working straight after them, another thing that sucks. I still don't know if i got my placement or if i have to look for something else. The placement sounds good, it's £1800 for 10 weeks and i get to do practical physics stuff for a change so that should be good, IF the department get the money.

Gah, think thats most of the rubbish in my head out now, atleast the stuff i can remember at the moment.

if you've made it this far, congratulations you deserve a cookie

Edit by Pwif: no swearing please. Ta. :P
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
furry
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brfc » Sun May 11, 2008 11:39 pm

hey sorry to hear things are not going too well. exams are really stressfull. alot of my work colluges are doing them and they look really stressed. hope things work out and i hope writing things down has helped a bit. sometimes helps to get it all out of your system. ps thanks for the cookie very yummy. :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon May 12, 2008 11:35 am

perhaps cookie making is the job for you - she says dropping crumbs eveywhere :D

Seriously though don't get too hung up on what to do next if you don't need to decided yet.
So many people have no idea and things just flow in a certain direction and you follow it or opportunites get presented to you which you would never have thought of

If your courses are troubling you talk to the teachers about it. Ask how they think your doing and what you can do to help yourself
Sometimes it just all comes together and makes sense but it's hard to see that when your in the thick of it

Break down studying into smaller sessions and make sure your getting plenty of fun time too. You need to relax or you won't take anythign in

I think you have just got yourself all panicked and that has lead to it all seeming too much. If you talk to your teachers then i am sure you can get back on track.

And yes have that camping trip up north because a break can bring you back with a new perspective
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon May 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Okay, everyone does feel the stress of exams - my exams are starting this Thursday and I honestly have not studied several subjects! :oops: What I do is that I write down a list of all my subjects on a piece of paper and cancel them as I finish them one by one. To me, it's encouraging to just see the subjects finished and that keeps me going on and on. If you need help with your work, talk to your teachers about it and it'll be easier to do your project.

Loads of people do not know what do next but relax at the moment. I'm quite sure you'll find something to do in the end. Things are jumbling up at the moment but once you see them one by one, all of it doesn't seem too bad. Be more positive thinking and concentrate on your exams and projects first and do things one by one. Take care and I hope things go well soon. Thanks for the cookie btw! :P
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Life...

Postby furry » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:54 am

Hehe, i'd totally forgotten i'd posted this on here. Everything is going ok now. 2 exams and 1 essay to go and i've got a Masters degree in physics :) still no idea what i want to do with it thought.

Sorry to the Mod for swearing, it was copied from my myspace account without thinking.
furry
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Life...

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 am

furry wrote:Hehe, i'd totally forgotten i'd posted this on here. Everything is going ok now. 2 exams and 1 essay to go and i've got a Masters degree in physics :) still no idea what i want to do with it thought.

Sorry to the Mod for swearing, it was copied from my myspace account without thinking.

Oh Masters in Physics - I did physics too :)
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to And the rest...