Lost and confused

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Lost and confused

Postby millwallbird » Thu May 15, 2008 9:44 am

Hi all I need to let this out before it drives me mental......... I have been with my partner for bout two years but have cheated on him so many times I dont know why I do it I just get down and lonely and need a boost. Anyway I cheated on him a few months ago and am now pregnant he knows and was prepared to forgive me but now he has decided he cant and has walked away so now i dont know what to do......... I already have a daughter who is seven and i dont think i could cope on my own with another baby everything is such a mess and i cant seem to function properly at the moment plz help :(
millwallbird
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Thu May 15, 2008 10:47 am

Hi there Millwallbird

Is this the same partner who was hitting you? If so, then it's no bad thing he's left, particularly as you have a child in the house. You did say he was a complete basket in another post, I think. I'd be amazed if a man like that could accept the news that you were pregnant with another man's child.

I suppose the first thing you need to consider is whether terminating the pregnancy is an option. This is obviously quite an urgent decision.

If this is out of the question, either because it's too late or because you just couldn't bring yourself to do this, then you have the option of either keeping the child, or giving it up for adoption. But you won't need to make this decision right now. What does the biological father say? Have you told him?

The best person to speak to is your therapist - you said you were seeing one? S/he will be able to talk you through your feelings and the choices open to you.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 15, 2008 11:18 am

I totally agree with all that snil has to say (not unusual because she/he gives sound consturctive advice)
Anyway once you have sorted this you need to get sorted with this cheating issue. You obviosuly do it becasue you are lacking self esteem and that is something you need to work on so you can avoid this behaviour in the future
If snail is right and the guy was hitting you then I hink it is a really good thing he has gone, again you were only letting him do this becasue you don't value yourself
:grouphug:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...