foundations and mascara need advice :S x

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

foundations and mascara need advice :S x

Postby ChloeBee » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:30 pm

heyyya. well its prom in a week, n i got more or less everything sorted apart from make up. i want a new foundation as i just usually buy the cheap stuff from the market and can sumtimes leave it looking blotchy and uneven. i have no idea which foundations are good and which arnt and dont really want to buy one and not be what im looking for. so if anyone knows any good quality foundations that arnt too expensive. some one said the 16 hour infalable one is a good one. im looking for a natural colour that will stay on and hide any blotches or spots. so if anyone knows any good ones please let me know thank you :D
ooo and the same about mascara too as mine makes my eyelashes too clumped together, i would like one that lengthens while also thickening them but not too clumpy :D tarr
ChloeBee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:39 pm

if you have a John Lewis or a large deprament store like debenhams near you they will actually apply a suitable one so you can see if you like it before you buy it
They will show you how to apply to get the best look too
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby miaow » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:39 pm

At the moment im using maybelline, they do some ok ones at a reasonable price (£5mark) - Im using wonderfinish; is a liquid that goes into a powder and I put a bit of a bronzer over the top with a brush to seal. Going to try the new mineral brush one next that they've got out.

My friend has a clinique foundation she is using that you apply with a brush and it does look good on her, no idea how much it is though, think its quite expensive but results are good.

Mascara's, I've loads!! I seem to have about 2/3 in my make up bag and swap between them :-s loreal is favourite at moment, lash architect is about £10 in boots. Best one I've ever had is Lancome Hypnose it was about £23 which is expensive for me but was EXCELLENT! But only buy it now and again as a treat.

Have you gone into Boots or a Debenhams and seen the make up girls there? They maybe could give you some tips?

Hope you have a lovely time...:D
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ChloeBee » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:49 pm

thank you i will try boots tomorow when i go :D do you know how much the mineralspowder one is ?
thanks again and i will :D x
ChloeBee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby miaow » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:02 pm

no not sure how much it is but guess as its new it will be around £8ish? If you do buy one from the shelf so to speak, and not see a person (i know it can be a bit intimidating) then try it on your face not your hands, the skin is different, and what looks good on yr hand wont look good on yr face :-?
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:22 pm

I use Maybelline foundation too. I use the Dream Matte Mousse and i swear by it. I've gone through about 15 tubs of the stuff. Lol. Its good. More of a natural finish.

And i use Rimmel Mascara, the Magnif'Eyes one. Makes your eyelashes look abit bigger.

I would suggest a Waterproof Mascara for Prom. You might get a little hot and sweaty with all the dancing? Little tip from someone who didnt think about things like that at her prom :o Lol
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby miaow » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:30 pm

did you buy some foundation and mascara?? I bought the maybelline mineral one i was talking about and it is really good - doesnt look shiny like the other liquid one!! Recommend it to all! (plus superdrug have £2 off)

:-)
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...