Sad, no appetite and stressed!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sad, no appetite and stressed!

Postby charchar » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi

I'm going through a really tough break up at the moment, not getting much sleep and generally feel very sad and sorry for myself-as you would expect I guess.

The thing is, I feel physically weak as well as menatlly. I haven't been eating very much as when I am upset my appetite just goes out of the window. I have also noticed that my skin seems very wrinkly and older looking. Is that because of the stress of my situation?

I really wanted ideas from you all on how I can keep my chin up and not age 10 years while I am suffering. I am trying to eat but cannot summon up the energy to eat anything other than rubbish and even then, in very small quantities. I weighed myself the other night and have lost 4 pounds in the last week which I know is not very clever.

I've never been very good with my own company and even when I see my sis, I couldn't wait to get back in the house and close the door. Is this just normal given that I am hurting?
charchar
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:38 pm

i think this is totally normal behaviour
try eating much smaller portions more frequently
when we are tired its easy just to reach for the biscuits
its a bit of a vicious circle
can you motivate yourself by going and doing something you really enjoy

if your not eating and are mentally exhausted it will have an affect on the way you look :grouphug:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Yes, I'd say you're totally normal as well! That thing of wanting to crawl into a safe place and be left alone is exactly how I feel when I'm going through a tough time. Doesn't matter how much other people tell me to "come out and go shopping/for a coffee/to a pub", because "it'll make you feel better"! Give yourself enough time to really come to terms with things.

And yes, of course tiredness and stress will make your skin look bad. I would say though, that this will wear off as you feel better - you won't actually age 10 years. I'm about the same age as you, and I look younger and prettier now than I did this time 18 months ago, when I was going through a tough time with my partner, now my ex. (People have commented on the fact, so I know it's not just my imagination). All I would suggest is, reach for healthy snacks when you can, like a banana or some dried fruit instead of sweets, but don't beat yourself up even when you DO eat junk - you're coping as best you can with this. You're entitled to have the odd week of eating junk food if you need to! It's not that big of a deal in the scheme of things. I'd also suggest taking exercise whenever you can: this will make you feel less stressed and also sleep better, as well as improving overall health. You're probably not feeling motivated enough to do 'real' exercise, so try taking a brisk walk every day. If you normally drive to work or the shops, could you walk? Or maybe dance around and sing along to some music, if you're in the mood for this!

When you're feeling up to it and if you can afford it, how about going to the hairdressers/beauty salon and having something done? It'll give you a bit of a 'lift', and help you feel like you're still looking after yourself.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby misskrystal » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Speaking as someone who's recently gone through a very painful break-up, I can tell you that, as soon as you begin to feel better, you'll start to look better. Your eating habits will return to normal, you'll start sleeping properly again and, best of all, your smile will return. It just takes a little time.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...