Crumbling Resolve

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Crumbling Resolve

Postby m_m » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 pm

I really need some serious motivation. Currently I am putting on weight at a quite worringly rapid rate (my own fault) and am forking out major amounts for a gym membership I don't use at all.

I have had some rather spiteful albeit truthful comments about my weight recently (mainly from my parents) and I have known for a while I need to do something about it as some of my clothes (especially my work ones) have become uncomfortably tight. As a result of this I have been trying, in the past couple of months or so, to go back on my own diet which I devised a year or so ago and lost 3 stone on. However I feel that I had somewhat of a turning point when I devised the diet which made it "easy" to stick to for as long as I did (before giving up and going back to my old ways again). But I am not getting that turning point this time around and slip back into old habits say after a bad day or watching my boyfriend eat something yummy. Sometimes it will only last a couple of days and I will mess up for no apparent reason at all. I cannot seem to do anything and I am rather lost.

Any advise/tips etc would be most appreciated x x x x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Well done for admiting you have a problem that is always the first step
I always suggest joining rosemary connelly
My daughter and I joined and whislt we didn't need to lose a lot of weight found lots of people around us losing big amounts and we hit our goals quite quickly
You get the support, they have an excercise class, loads of useful tips and becasue you weigh each week it gives you more motivation to stay on top of things just a week at a time
It's a life style change too not just a crash diet
look on the web for one in your area
this is you jumping up and down at class burning all those calories :bounce:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby m_m » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:00 pm

Thank you for your reply Bel Bel :D I think I have known for a while I have a problem but I hadn't addressed it until now since it is becoming more and more of an issue.

I have to admit I am a bit skeptical when it comes to things such as Rosemary Connelly or Weight Watchers and that isn't because I do not think they will work or because of a bad exprience. It is because I am skeptical I will stick to it.

I absolutely loved the emoticon ("this is you jumping up and down at class burning all those calories") made me laugh out loud!! :D

x x x x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:10 pm

I agree I was always skeptical of classes but the rosemary ones are really enjoyable. As long as you get there your going to join in

Can you join with a friend so you will be letting each other down if you don't go

It's better value for money than the gym too because at rosemary you get receipes, excercise, books when you join to help you with motivation etc
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby brfc » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:40 am

i joined rosemary connelly with my g/f and its really good. they get you very motivated and its a pretty easy diet to follow. i agree be a good idea to go with a friend.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...