Nothing is going right :o(

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Nothing is going right :o(

Postby whoopsie » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:01 pm

At the moment I feel like nothing is going right for me and it's really getting me down.

Last year, my relationship of 3 years ended and I bought myself a brand new car to cheer me up. I took out a finance package to pay for it and consolidated an old loan. However, I never paid off the old loan and found myself out of work for 3 months, so I used the money (£4K!!) to live on. Now, I have 2 loans running totalling to nearly £400 a month. I also owe my mum a fair amount of money and she is now demanding I start paying her back. I have tried to get a consolidation loan to clear all this but my credit rating is terrible. Mostly my fault but also one of the banks inability to give correct information about payment dates. I have read another thread on here about debt and will call the national debt helpline tomorrow.

My realisation to my financial state has come at a really bad time because my boyfriend and I would really like to move in together quite soon. I'm not sure that I could afford it. I might not have a choice though because my mum keeps threatening to kick me out. I have managed to talk her around on numerous occasions (was so nearly homeless this weekend) but one day she will really mean it. The reason she wants me to move out is because I am quite untidy and lazy. I know I need to get off my bum and stop being like this to keep a roof over my head and I really intend to do it.

Also, my job is driving me crazy. I absolutely love the company I work for, and I don't want to leave. I want to look for another position within the company but can't until I've been there for a year which is in 5 months. I used to love what I do, but now, I can't stand it. My old manager left her position and we get on really well, but my new manager is useless. My workload doubled in a really short period of time and I started to make mistakes. Because of this, I was made to feel stupid and like I was terrible at my job. I wasn't given any support and it's taken them ages to get someone in to help. Now, no one trusts me there and I feel like every move I make is being watched. My salary is an issue too. It's far too low for what I do and I know I am good at my job. When I was made permanent earlier this year, they wrote my contract up with a higher salary than I'm on, but then told me it was a mistake. I was gutted because for 5 months, I was on a fixed term contract, working my bum off while they had a permanent member of staff off sick the whole time. I was doing her job when I wasn't brought in to do it.

The only thing good in my life at the moment, (and for a change!!) is my boyfriend, but he has just gone on holiday for 2 weeks. I'm obviously not hearing from him all that often and am so desperate for a cuddle.

I just feel like so much is going on at the moment and I don't know where to start to resolve any of them. I'm miserable most of the time and I don't want my boyfriend to get fed up with me constantly having a problem. I just feel at a complete loss. Please help me if you can!
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby k.bforlife » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:12 pm

This is a big problem for you hunni isnt it?
You'll going to have to tell you boyfriend that you have these debts and you are going to be kicked out by your mother!
you need to talk to him and organise your payments! About your work i really dont know what to say see Im not employed yet so I have no idea what your going through! :( Sorry! I know this isnt much help but I hope It WILL help you on your way to sort your life out and make a change so your happy!
k.bforlife
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Take each problem seperately or you will overload

The debt - yes contact national debt helpline they will beable to give the best advice but don't expect miracles.

Satrt paying a small but regular amount to your mum - something is better than nothing and it shows willing and may buy you a bit more time before she kicks you out

Lazy and untidy - just think how much more work it would be to keep a new house clean and tidy even if you only did the essentials like washing up, washing cloth/sheets, cooking, shopping, changing bed sheets, hoovering etc etc etc.
Now realise how much time you have and agree to help your mum a bit more. If you make the effort she won't want to chuck you out. Can you imagine where you might end up if you can't ret becasue of you debts and your mum chucks you out???? If you already have bad credit I can't see anyone letting yopu rent or buy a place (they do credit checks to make sure you can afford it)

The job - can you wait five months? What will change at the end of it?
What if no other positions come up?, or because of the current finacial circumstances no one gets a payrise. If you are that unhappy look around for something else. Life is too short to be miserable at work 8 hours a day

hope that helps
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...