thinking of going on a diet? DONT

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

thinking of going on a diet? DONT

Postby stressed » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:29 am

hey im 15 years old and im 5 st i h8 my weight but just cant bring myself to eat. i feel sick all the time its horrible. and it all started with a diet! a boy at school told me i was fat wen i was 8st and i believed him. so i stopped eating now doctors are telling me if i dont eat i could die so my advice 2 ppl thinking of going on i diet think it through 1st

keep smiling :lol: :D
stressed
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I agree

Postby mariamaria » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:41 pm

I totally agree. Sometimes people take diets to the extreme, and they end up anorexic, or bullimic. It's tragic when people die from an eating disorder when all that they were doing was they were trying to lose weight how they wanted to. I have never managed to be anorexic. I can't go without food. I have been on diets and I have constantly thought about going on diets, but then I realize how ridiculous they are! If you have a natural balance of the foods that you eat, you'll be completely fine! I promise! :D
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Andy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:12 pm

i must admit it is hard to know when to stop, i was slightly overweight and i lost about about 2.5 stone. Everyone kept telling me i looked great and all this stuff and i kept thinkin i need to lose more weight. Luckily ive always dont fitness training so im slightly muscular. It wasnt til i looked at my stomach and saw there was like 1mm of fat over my abs i should calm down and head for a balanced diet rather than losing more weight
Andy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mariamaria » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:57 am

now there aren't many guys with eating disorders because eating disorders have almost become a women's thing. However, I'm glad you snapped out of it, Andy. Indeed, it must be hard to know when to stop dieting. Apparently, the more you hear about the better you look, it makes you want to lose more weight. I don't know why. Maybe you could tell me?

Anyways, take care, and enjoy living the healthy life. :D
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Llisa » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:57 am

HI hunnies,
I agree with you all on the anorexic side of it all...I've done a lot of studies on the matter and the terrible illness is such a shame, but I think we should still bear in mind that sometimes, girls AND guys MUST go on a diet for health reasons. If some people don't loose weight, they could be in serious trouble. So I think it should be made clear that those people who don't NEED to go on a diet should forget the idea...but if your weight is cauing you problems, contact your doctor to work out a plan that's good for you.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mariamaria » Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:30 pm

Yep. That's what I don't understand though. Why don't anorexic people realize they're anorexic until it's too late? :-?
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby sovs » Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:11 pm

hi

I hope your eating again, and getting better.
I completely understand where your coming from.
when i was about 13 i was over weight and used to get bullied, so during the summer hols i went on a diet and got down to a size twelve, i kept it off and hardly ate anything. it wasnt till i was out one day when my family were getting something for lunch and i started crying because i was hungry but didnt want to eat, and thats why you start feeling sick. Anyway i realised i was destroying myself and now i dont care what i eat as long as im happy and dont put on to much. Its just about eating in moderation.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby evilmage » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:45 pm

I dunno bout tht. All you people sayin that oh its on the inside tht counts in pretty naive.
Ppl judge from the outside. You all do it yourself so dnt deny it! I cant eat a chocolate bar more than like twice a week at the most bcoz I feel so guilty. Im kinda on a permanent diet I suppose. But I like the gettin thinner part bcoz youve acheived something and no one else could have been a part of that reeli. Youve done it yourself.
I think that ppl take it to the extreme, and Ive been tempted but you just have to try to look at yourself as you are. Its strange though bcoz its so hard, my friends will look in a mirror and be totally like omg look at the fat, but to every1 else theyre skinny!
Jus try and see you how you are, not wot ur mind thinks you are and you wont go wrong.
xXx evilmage xXx
evilmage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby smile » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:00 pm

This topic has been locked because it is an old topic and hasn't had a reply for over two months. If the author would like it unloked please PM one of the mods.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to And the rest...