life confuses me

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

life confuses me

Postby worrywomen123 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:22 pm

i no a lot of people probabley feel like this but at the moment im really struggling to understand the purpose of life. some say make the most of it because you only live once so some days i think to myself why shouldnt i spend all my wages going out and enjoying myself rather then saving for uni. lately iv even been questioning if lifes just for living do i really want to spend the next 4 years skint studying or do i want to get a monday-friday job where i can enjoy myself on the weekends...

other days on the other hand i think that this would be irresponsible.people have to work to afford to live and this is just the way of life. i no there must be some balance between the two but finding it is hard. i feel i work just to save because i no in the future im going to need it but then i feel my life at the moment is suffering. this year a lot of people i kno who have finished studying have gone away with their friends and spent the weekends parting whilst i cant do this. my parents think im responsible but im starting to realise if i dont do things that young people do now im not going to get a chance when im married with children(which knowing my luck wont happen)

soz bit of a long post xxx :oops:
worrywomen123
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:00 pm

You have said it yourself you have to have a balance
Uni is an investment in your future to hopefully secure yourself with a better future where you will have a decent standard of living, assuming of course you are doing a degree which has job prospects at the end.
You must make sure you do get some quality play time though. Can you spend a percentage of money on leisure and save the rest?
Are you working a part time job to save for uni?
Can you parents help with uni fees?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby all_apologies » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 pm

I think everyone thinks along these lines from time to time. I also think it's natural to feel like you're always preparing for the future rather than living in the present, no matter what stage of life you're at. Yet what makes you think that it'll be all doom and gloom in the imminent future if you do decide to go to uni? Yes, it's hard work, and financially difficult depending on your circumtances. But at the same time, uni is so much fun in terms of your social life and having loads of time off, so it's not as though it's four years of your life lived miserably. You'll have fun while you're trying to improve your chances of a better career.

You spoke about having a 9-5 job so that you can enjoy yourself at the weekends. When you're at uni you can still go out and party; it might just be that you go out more during the week and take up a part-time job at the weekends. Not sure what it's like where you're from, but where I live there are particular weeknights that have loads of student offers on (i.e. really cheap drink/free admission etc) because they know that students have a more flexible time schedule during the week and often work at weekends instead.

There are definitely downsides to being a student, just as there are with working a 9-5, but I definitely don't regret having gone to uni. It's nice to have had a bit of fun before going out and getting a 'real' job!
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:40 pm

By going to uni you will also be in the same boat as everyone else

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby worrywomen123 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 pm

i work on saturdays but have been working extra throughout the summer to try and get some extra money.but my parents cant afford to help me out financially.
another thing i worry about though is im living at home wen i go 2 uni n commuting quite a way so think that perhaps i wil not benefit from the soical aspect as much xx
worrywomen123
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:48 pm

ok so you don't benefit as much as those staying on site but this allows you to have friends at uni and keep in contact with friends closer to home too
Maybe have nights in watching a DVD with friends at home when you haven't got much money
I am sure once you make friends at uni you will get the opportuity to stay over sometimes with your new friends too
Remember if things really get you down at uni you don't have to stay until the end but the outcome at the end will be worth it if you can stick it out

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...