i'm so tired!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

i'm so tired!

Postby Beckie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:35 am

i don't know where this belongs so i've put it here!
Basically i started uni in september, and because of the new routine my sleep pattern has been completely disrupted :( I have tried and tried to get to sleep at a reasonable time but the earliest i've managed is around 5am- and i have lectures at 9 some days! I get into bed but i can't drift off! And because i'm not sleeping at night i'm napping for hours at a time through the day, and i can't help that either because by about 4 in the afternoon i can't keep my eyes open :( its not a problem while i'm at uni really, but everytime i go home i'm not up for seeing my friends and stuff because i'm in my nocturnal uni mode! Any tips on how to help me sleep on a night? And stay awake through the day? I know it sounds stupid but i feel like i'm never properly awake anymore because I'm always so tired!

xxx
Beckie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:21 am

You actually need to set yourself on a set bed time and stick to it, if you feel yourself needing a sleep during the day don't allow it, just try a few nights of going to bed at 9pm, then 10pm then 11pm (etc), set your alarm for 8am every morning so you HAVE to get up then, you will soon fall back into a pattern; except you need to have the will power to actually want to get up. If you don't get up you never will; I set my alarm for 6.30am every morning and keep using the snooze function and generally get up between 7 and 7.15am, setting the alarm and getting up straight away doesn't work for me, so I have to set it early and keep waking myself up to get up on time.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:54 am

try taking energy drink during the day to keep you awake so hopefully by the evening when it wears off you will get to sleep
do it for a few days until you are in a pattern then stop drinking it
stop drinking it about 6pm so it wears off in time for bed
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby whoopsie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:46 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote: I set my alarm for 6.30am every morning and keep using the snooze function and generally get up between 7 and 7.15am, setting the alarm and getting up straight away doesn't work for me, so I have to set it early and keep waking myself up to get up on time.

A good tip for that, is moving the alarm to the other side of the room so you HAVE to get up to turn it off.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:49 am

I agree whoopsie except I'd either get up, turn it off and get back into bed (especially if it was cold) or leave it going for a while lol.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Beckie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Thanks everyone :) i'll try it all out and see how it goes! can't keep track of the days at the moment! lol. xx
Beckie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to And the rest...