What would you do in this situation?

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What would you do in this situation?

Postby sarahmienwok » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:13 am

Hi everyone, not a major problem here (hope this is in the right section..), I was just wondering what you all would do in this situation.

Basically, I'm away from my family this Christmas and New Year, it's just me and my boyfriend. Because we're a couple of disorganised fools, we havent yet organised anything for New Years. Most of the friends we have here are travelling elsewhere. One girl is staying in the country with her boyfriend, but she's already booked in a hostel that's now full, so the chances of finding her in the middle of a packed city on NYE are slim to none.

The other choice is going to the capital city, which I think I want to do, but we've already arranged to go in early January with some other people. I'd rather go just me and my BF at NYE, but some of it has already been booked for Jan (the bus journey there, thats all so far), and I feel bad pulling out. Not many people are going in the first place though, so I dont know what to do! ](*,)

Hmmm... I think writing this has helped me decide what we should do. But Im going to post it anyway and see what you all think.

What would you do?
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: What would you do in this situation?

Postby miaow » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:10 pm

Go with yr friends in Jan. For NYE book a travel lodge somewhere in a city you've never been that has things to do, and get on a train with your bloke - have a nite away. 1 night and a train fare will not cost that much.
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sarahmienwok » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:06 am

Hi miaow, thanks for your reply.

Yeah, that's what we have decided to do, it will be more expensive going on two trips instead of one, within weeks of each other, but it will be worth it. Although now we have another problem, in that some lad we barely know (he's only decided to be friendly towards us these last 2 weeks) has found out where we're going and has decided to tag along. So it won't really be a romantic NYE with my boyfriend anymore, it will be me, my boyfriend, and some random! :-({|=
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:13 pm

i'd tell the random that you really wanted it to be a romantic break and you'd prefer if he didn't come this time
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby sarahmienwok » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:30 am

I'm very tempted to do that BelBel, but he's already booked a hostel and so he'll be on his own if I do that.

My boyfriend's desperate, he even tried to hack into his Facebook and email accounts to change his password, because that's the only contact he has with us! I managed to stop him from doing it. I dont want this lad to be with us for NY as much as he doesn't, but I have my morals!

Oh we'll figure something out. There will be over a million people in the city apparently, so I don't think he'll be able to find us even if we wanted him to! I'm clinging onto this possibility... :roll:
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:50 pm

how much is the hostel costing
could you offer to pay it for him so he doesn't lose out
just an idea?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:11 am

I think he got a pretty cheap hostel. It's a good idea. He hasnt been in touch recently, so I'm going to leave it for now. But if he does, I might try your advice, if I can afford it...! :o Cheers. x
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...