Makeover photoshoot experiences

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Makeover photoshoot experiences

Postby neonpink » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Im planning to go to one of these places were they give you a makeover and give you a photoshoot at the end were you have the option to buy your prints at the end. I have done my research by looking at other places and the prices they're offering but whenever i look at the reviews on another site at the place, they dont seem to be very positive. So im not sure where a good place will be. Im situated in the manchester/Liverpool area so places in them areas would be wonderful. Anybody had any experiences from these places? And were the costs reasonable as i dont wanna be forking out 100s. Thanks x
neonpink
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Makeover photoshoot experiences

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:36 pm

i won a makeover and photo shoot and i spent £1500 on 10 photos (london)
it would be better if you could get your make up done, hair, buy a nice top and go to a local photographer
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby neonpink » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 pm

:O
wow thats expensive!
i was looking to spend under £100 for the whole thing ;p
neonpink
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby peecee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Try BuyaGift! They're doing half-price makeovers at the moment, £24.47 for you and a friend! You only get one piccie, but for that price, I'd go 20 times... :D

Check out this link (they do it in Manchester, too.)

http://www.buyagift.co.uk/Product/Id/3810/Name/2_for_1_Classic_Makeover_Experience_Special_Offer

And my NEXT job is to learn how to use the new PP tools to do a neat and tidy link... :-? :D
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:16 am

I went to a local photographer (in the North) and it cost £70, that was 3 10 x 8" photos in mounts and 10 additional photos on a CD. I did find one photographer even closer which was about £40-50 (studio time; you got no photos but all of your photos went on CD).

There are lots of photographers around; I spend hours looking on the net for local photographers; some are location only (i.e. outside) and some are studio based. The studio ones are a tad more expensive but it doesn't make that much difference if thats what you want. One location photographer I saw charged £150 for ONE 6 x 8" photo and he was the most expensive one I found.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby neonpink » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:36 pm

did that photographer have a site?
the one were you get all your photos on a CD. Thats what im looking for really x
neonpink
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:38 pm

He did but I don't have it anymore stupidly. The guy wasn't a chain he was just himself but he was studio based. But it was located in Newcastle; which I'd assume is too far for most people to travel. I have a copy of the e-mail I recieved from him and his e-mail address still if you would be insterested still. It would be £60 in total. I must add I've just read his A1 size is pretty damn reasonable as well.

"Thanks for the enquirey, Photo shoot start at £45 per hour , Reducing by £10 per hour after the first. All photos onto Cd costs £15 . or choose which pics you want printed A4 £10, A3 £12.50, A2 £15 and A1 ,24x36 inch £25. All my work is done with state of the art digital cameras and lighting.There are no hidden extras or pressure to buy prints. Hope you find my prices affordable"
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby neonpink » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:54 am

wow thats very reasonable, i was looking on newidexpereince and they're charging up to £100 just for the photos to be put on a CD, which i think is ridiculas!
Only problem is Newcastle is a long way from me, but if i still cant find people locally, who arent charging a stupid amount for putting them onto CD then i guess i would be willing to travel that far. If you could send me the email address, id greatly appreciate it :) x
neonpink
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 am

I just spend hours trawling through google and the yellowpages online for someone; I got their names from yellow pages and searched for them and their sites.

Here is the e-mail for the guy I was talking about paul@pddigital.co.uk

I also contacted the following lady; she only did location shoots but I've included her site as well and her prices were very reasonable as well (£50 for the hour and her photo prices were reasonable as well).
http://www.mandycharltondesigns.com/

The girl I used is located further north but her site is http://www.stephrochesterphotography.co.uk but she had christmas offers on when we went; but it's worth looking again in case they have offers on again.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to And the rest...