Skin On My Feet Really Getting Me Down!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Skin On My Feet Really Getting Me Down!

Postby X_Smiler_X » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:45 pm

I have hard skin on the bottom of my feet, which is very bad and very noticable. I'm quite a girly girl, and like to wear open toed shoes, instead of trainers, but I feel I can't wear them as I am extremely self concious about my feet.
Even when I have a boyfriend, I feel I can't be relaxed, and take my socks off. I see a Chiropodist quite regurarly, and when the skin is removed, it's great because you wouldn't even know I had this problem, but it soon grows back. I can't afford to keep splashing out on seeing the Chiropodist because she charges alot of money.
Anyone got any ideas on how to battle this problem? :-?
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:45 am

HI hun,
It's summer time right? Got any beaches close to where you live? Sand is the best natural way to wear down that awful dead skin on your feet. And it doesn't even hurt! After winter time, feet skin is always worse, and a few days romping around (with your boyfriend!) in the sand is always fun. Follow up by massaging your feet with a deep moisturizing cream and the neat overnight method of slathering Vaseline on your feet, sticking them in plastic bags and pputting on socks helps too! :) I know it sounds weird, but it definitly helps!
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mariamaria » Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:13 pm

Wow...that is really weird. I should tell my mum that method as her feet do not only have really thick dead skin, but they're almost SCALY, its scary. :o
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

hELP iS @ hANd

Postby -HIPPY CHICK- » Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:52 pm

HI YOU NEED TO SOAK YOUR FEET IN WARM WATER FOR ABOUT 20 MINS THEN DRY WITH A SOFT TOWEL. THEN USE A FOOT SCRUB THAT CAN BE BOUGHT FROM THE BODY SHOP FOR 79P, AND SCRUB YOUR FEET UNTIL MOTS OF THE SKIN IS OFF, THEN USE MOISTURISER 3 TIMES A DAY.

THIS DOES HELP AS I USED TO HAVE THE SAME PROB. THE 1ST REPLY IS A GREAT ANSWER BUT THIS ALSO WILL HELP JUST INCASE U DONT LIVE NEAR A BEACH OR ARE GOING TO A BEACH THIS SUMMER.
-HIPPY CHICK-
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mariamaria » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:36 pm

Thanks HIPPY CHICK, I'll tell my mum. That's very helpful advice. :)
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...