twins :S

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

twins :S

Postby melissa_0h9 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi..
I am just gone 4 months pregant and i didnt long ago find out.
i went to the hospitla straight away with my boyfriend.. we had been having trouble getting to grips with the whole pregnancy thing becuase i am only 18. we got to the hospital and i was really scared becuase i didnt no i was pregant so i had still been having a little to drink.
the babys heart beat was healthy and as soon as we heard it we both cried as we were so happy.. but there was another sound behind it and the nurse told me i was having twins, twins run in my family and i knew but didnt dream of it hapenign to me..

first born and im haing twins.. i am SO scared. please help. i really dont know what i need to do :S
melissa_0h9
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: twins :S

Postby melissa_0h9 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:04 pm

PLEASE HELP ME. any advice is welcome
melissa_0h9
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:10 pm

You just need to get used to the idea of twins - It's a huge shock so don't expect yourself to come to grips with it right away. No words can take away how scared you are, but we can all offer advice:

Don't doubt your abilities
Two babies does mean twice the work but not necesarily double the trouble
You'll be just fine
You just need to build up a strong support network around you

I know it's scary because you're young but you're going to be just fine :) Even though it doesn't feel it, you're just scared and once that passes and you ease your mind more, you'll get there :)
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 am

I agree with Chelsea get a good network of support behind you, his mum/dad, your mum/dad, any brothers or sisters and friends
Also don't be afraid to ask the health visitor for help
and visit this site
http://www.twinsonline.org.uk/
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby morris mouse » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:17 pm

_Chelsea_ wrote: Don't doubt your abilities

I agree with "_Chelsea_"
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby moving2spain » Sun May 10, 2009 9:07 pm

hi i have 3 year old twins i was 22 when ifound out i was pregnant with them! it is hard having twins but it would be hard having one baby if you have never had a baby before. looking back now if i had twins again it would be so much easier, its just getting into a routine with feeding and things. make sure you have a lot of support too as it is very tiring (but so is having one baby). our twins are boy and girl and were 10 weeks early which came as a bit of a shock. i joined a twin club when mine were born as it was great to have support of other mothers who understood the dificulties. it is so great now as they have such a good relationship with each other and now they can feed themselves and go to the toilet!feel free to ask whatever you want as i love giving advice!
moving2spain
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby bellajennie » Tue May 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Perhaps you could search for and PM Josie as I know she had surprise twins a year ago. I'm sure she wouldn't mind offering you some tips for getting your head around it!
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...