I really want to get away

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I really want to get away

Postby Escapeartist94 » Sun May 03, 2009 12:11 am

Im 14, feeling suffocated by where I live and the people around me and want to get away.
Im not going to go into detail but some horrible things have happened the last few years. I am lucky and have what you could say is a lot of friends. But i dont feel like they are real friends anymore. Its weird. I never feel like i really connect with anymone and they dont seem to understand me. My brother is off to uni soon leaving me living with just my mum. I am growing hate for this place I live in and really just want to get away.
2 Problems with that: Gcse's and Im not exactly old enough.
Im so damn fed up right now. Whenever I feel like getting away from here it just seems to pick me up and just feels like its something i have to do. But im not exactly going to run away or anything silly like that. Theres nothing I can do.
Escapeartist94
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I really want to get away

Postby morris mouse » Sun May 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Escapeartist94 wrote: Im not going to go into detail but some horrible things have happened the last few years.

"Escapeartist94" we respect your privacy,BUT,if you tell us what's happened to you,we may well be in a better position to help. :)
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue May 05, 2009 9:42 am

Running away will just give you a whole set of other problems and it won't solve the issues that are causing you to feel this way

If you did manage to go you would have no friends and no family and feel even more isolated and alone

It's a dream to get away, As morris says if you tell us why we maybe able to help your resolve those issues
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby earthchild » Wed May 06, 2009 11:17 am

Escapism is a healthy way for your brain to deal with stress, providing you realise its just that- a way of dealing with stress for your brain.
I know i use it every day to give myself a break, and at times (ok most of the time!) my mind literally runs away with all these day dreams and i have to pull myself back into reality.
What you have to remember is that its just a fantasy, in reality the grass is not as green as you may paint it in your head.
Running away is definately not the answer, it may get you away from all you problems at home but believe me it will give you a whole load of new ones to deal with, and as others suggested you wont have anyone around to turn to and you will feel more alone than ever.
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby DaisyLacey » Fri May 08, 2009 10:38 am

Running away simply will not solve your problem. I'm sorry you are in an environment you dislike, but by running away, you will more than likely find yourself in an environment ten times worse. The trick is, to think of the positives. No matter how hard it seems at home, you have a roof over your head and food in your fridge, wheras a lot of people your age don't even get the simple things like that. Learn to enjoy what you have there, if it's your bedroom - try decorating it and adding some homely touches to it, so you feel like you can relax in your own space. At 14, it's important you feel comfortable because you need to stay as focused and as happy as possible for your exams. I'd suggest having a word with your mum,calmy, explain to her exactly how you feel. If she doesn't give you what you need from the chat, try talking to your friends who you said used to be close to you. If all else fails, counselling could be a big realease for you. Sometimes it's nice to just talk, to someone who wont judge or offer their opinions. Good luck
DaisyLacey
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to And the rest...