std advice

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

std advice

Postby louise06 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi all,

Just need some advice regarding stds.

Me and my boyfriend normaly use comdoms as well as me being on the pill, however on Friday we did have unprotected sex.

I just wanted to know how long after having unprotected sex can i be tested properly with correct results.

I have no signs of a std, but still worried about it.

My boyfriend is sure he does not have any stds, he has never had any signs.

He was my first, however he has had sex with six girls all of them he has had a long realationship.

He used protection with some but not all of them, and has never had a one night stand.

Would my GP be able to do the tests at my doctors?

How long after sex should i wait?

How long would the results take?

Any advice would be appricated.

Thanks
louise06
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: std advice

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:57 pm

louise06 wrote:I just wanted to know how long after having unprotected sex can i be tested properly with correct results.

I'm not sure on this one, it would be best to ring your doctors/a GUM clinic and ask. I would imagine you can get tested pretty much straight away, though I know some STIs/STDs do take a while to appear.

louise06 wrote:My boyfriend is sure he does not have any stds, he has never had any signs.

I really don't mean to worry you here (sorry), but that does not necessarily mean he doesn't have any STDs/STIs because some are symptomless e.g. chlamidya (not sure how to spell it).

louise06 wrote:Would my GP be able to do the tests at my doctors?

Yes, you should be able to. Usually the nurse at your doctors surgery does the tests. At my doctors surgery they aren't able to do a fully comprehensive test though (e.g. test you for everything) so you have to go to the GUM clinic for that. I'm sure it just depends on your doctors. It might be worth making an initial appointment with your GP and talking to them about it - they will be able to tell you what's best.

louise06 wrote:How long would the results take?

The results take a couple of weeks or so normally.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: std advice

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:02 pm

I think ragdoll covered everything there is to say.

Just contact your GUM clinic or doctors and ask - they'll be able to answer the questions way better than anyone on here.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to And the rest...