Drunkk.. best friend.. help !

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Drunkk.. best friend.. help !

Postby c_gee_2k8 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Heyy i was drunk at a family bbq at the weekend. my best friend who is like a brother came and i let out how i felt about him. only he didnt hear and i thought he did. i text him yesterday and told him how he felt, but he has a girlfriend who has messeed him about a numerous amount of times. he told me how he thought we were to close for any of that and how he loves **** so much. now i feel like an idiot =/. when he left on saturday his friend was still at mine and told me what my best friend told him and how felt about me. saying that if **** wasnt in the picture then he would of gotten closer with me. people often say we are like brother and sister. have i done the right thing? i am confused. i dont know weather its because **** is in the picture or if his friend was lying =/. or should i just stick with how we are because we are so close now.

please help. x
c_gee_2k8
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Drunkk.. best friend.. help !

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Hes told you that he isnt interested in you in that way,so dont push it.Plus he has a girlfriend.Whoever told you he said that could of just made it up to cause confusion,he told you to your face he doesnt like you in that way so respect that or you risk losing him as a friend.In the future,if his relationship ends then you have the oppertunity to get closer to him if thats what he wants.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 pm

c_gee_2k8 wrote:should i just stick with how we are because we are so close now.

Stick with it as it is because you've already said you like him and he didn't encourage you back. Basically the ball is in his court.

I agree with Kerrie.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 pm

To summarise, are you basically saying that you told your best friend that you have feelings for him? And that he responded and said you are too close for that kind of a relationship and he loves his girlfriend??

I don't think you have a choice but to stick to how it is and just accept you're close friends and nothing more. Even if he did say/thinks that something more could happen between you if his girlfriend wasn't around, she IS around, so that's kinda irrelevant at this point in time. She might have messed him around (as you put it) but he's obviously still with her, so you should have a bit more respect for their relationship.

I would advise you to just continue to be this guys friend and nothing more. He hasn't really left you any other option anyway.

PS: I agree with the above posts and I'm pretty much reiterating the same thing because I didn't see their posts before mine!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby c_gee_2k8 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Yeah i understand, thanks guys, x
c_gee_2k8
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...