mums gettin divorced

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

mums gettin divorced

Postby busybee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:45 pm

i wasnt reali sure where to put this so let me aplologise first if its not in the right place. My mum split up with my dad when i was 4 and met my step dad when i was about 5/6. We moved in with him and they went on to get married and have a son whos now 9. I was always really close to my step dad and when they started having problems 3 or 4 years back it never really affected my relationship with him. That was until last year when he got me involved and since then i havent spoken to him and divorce proceedings have started to take place. Its now come to the stage where me and my mum are moving out next week to rent somewhere and my brother and my dog and my step dad( not that i consider him to be mine anymore) will remain living here. Although i guess iv always known it will come to this im finding the realisation hard to deal with. I have lived here for over 12 years and consider it my only ever home for which i lived in for many years extremely happy. :cry:
busybee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: mums gettin divorced

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:33 am

change is hard but it can also be good and how you deal with it is part of that
try to see this as a fresh start , to put behind you all of the recent upset
I am sure your mum will be happier too and that is really important
We all have to leave home some time and at least you are doing it with your mum so it won't be a comlete shock to the system
take the opportunity to make your new room a real place you love to be in and hopefully that will help you settle too
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...