Driving test

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Driving test

Postby Bubble » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:55 pm

Hey everyone
Well i've got my driving test in a few weeks, and although i know i can drive every time i think or dream about it i get a horrible nervous feeling in my tummy. I am going to start taking some Kalms tablets soon. I was just wondering if anyone else could share any stories about their driving tests and offer me any advice or tips in how to pass...... :lol:
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:23 pm

Am in the exact same boat as you Donna, i've got my driving test in 2 week's and am absolutely petrified! Like you i know i can drive, i know the thing's that am meant to like checking mirror's, blind spot's etc. But the thing is with me is that when i was taught the maneuvers's (Reverse park, Turn in the road (also known as a 3 point turn), reverse in to a bay, and reverse around the corner) i caught on to them straight away, never faulted on any of them.......Until now :cry:. Ever since i've found out the date for my test on every driving lesson i've had i seem to always's fu*k up on two maneuvers's (reverse around a corner and reverse in to a bay). I don't know why this is, my instructor say's that am rushing when doing these maneuvers's (steering to slow or fast, or car control to slow or fast), but me personally i don't think it's that (i know he's the expert like), but when am doing these maneuvers's (when am fu*king up) am doing everything that i should be doing (speed of car, steering etc), so i don't know what's wrong with me, anyone have any idea's?

And as for those Kalm's they don't work, my mum took them for her nerve's when she had her driving test, but had no effect on her what so ever
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby shz » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:00 pm

well i cant be any of help to you both as I was learning to drive for nearly 2 years and decided to give it up for a while as I am doing fine with Trains and buses. The money side of owning a car is scaring me off and also my best mate had a terrible crash recently so I dont really want to drive but i will when i am more more ready !!! lol
Trains and Buses do me FINE just now!! Sorry if i just scared you there lol..
Plus i will be in greenock and it is very accessible by trains so i will cope on that as i have a Disabled Rail pass so that makes the prices cheaper :D
heheeehe
shz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:46 am

Jesus you have a rail pass the enable's disabled people to get discount on rail fare :o ? Where i live (merseyside) the elderly and the disabled get a pass with enable's them to get on the bus, train and mersey ferry for FREE!! Me think's you should write to your local council lol
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Llisa » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:48 am

HI hun,
I know our driving systems are different, but try not to be too nervous. What I got was my friend to come in the car with me and we did a "mock" test. She told me what to do and where to go, all the while dissaproving of everything I did and making rude comments and all that, pretty much your driving test nightmare. It sounds silly, but it really helped, and when I got in the car for my final test I couldn't have been more calm, knowing that the lady sititng next to me couldn't possibly be a worse tester then my friend. And it worked! I passed with flying colours.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:48 am

Well Llisa i actually tried that with my boyfriend tonight. He took me out in the car for an hour, and let's put it this way we aint speaking at the moment lol :-? . He criticized every little mistake i did, told me to put my indicator's on (even though it was far to early to indicate), in the end i ended up screaming :evil: at him saying thing's i really shouldn't of said and got out of the driver's side and told him to drive back as i couldn't put up with his insulting remark's (ffs am only a learner lol). But anyway my moral to this story is never and i mean NEVER do thing's like that with a boyfriend or girlfriend (specially if you live with them)
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby misatok11 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:01 am

Did my test about 3 years ago. The lesson i had before hand was appaling, couldn't parallel park, reversing was rubbish, stalled the car, etc.
When i did my test that day i felt a bit better as i had gotten all the fear out of my system and relaxed. everything was fine except i didn't check my left hand mirror when turning left once and when i was asked to pull in to the side of the road i chould've been a little bit further on as the junction was a little close. Hope this helps
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby shz » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:22 pm

This response is to Emma-leigh regarding the disabled Rail pass.

My bus pass is free In northeast scotland only which is pretty stupid as I would rather to have it free all over scotland but it not so Stupid councils and government lol
My train pass is not free but i would like it to be as It be more benefitful for me as i will be travelling on trains a lot this year but the company that deal with the train pass is not involved with my council so it is a entirely different company and it is up to them to decide if train pass should be free or discounted from the full price. SO i wont be having free travel :( lol stupid government really as they want money money money!!!!!!!!
shz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bubble » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:12 am

Not long now......
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby smile » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:26 pm

Well as you guessed I'm a little too young to drive but all I can say is to have confidence in yourself Donna. If you believe you can do it then you can! Good luck!

luv Smile x x
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:44 pm

Thanx smile. :lol:
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Some things to consider

Postby Daftness2k3 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:44 pm

Hey Donna....really,don't worry about your driving test! I know this is easy for me to say, but if you think about it like this:

1)First,your driving school tries to milk the bling as long as they can...so you've probably been ready to take the test, in your instructor's mind for a good 3 weeks now

2)At the end of the day, you're driving someone around for 25 minutes. You'll be doing plenty of that once you pass..believe me! I know it's nerve racking, but you get some errors to play with...nobody can drive perfect, not even the examiner! I drove, in my view, great on my first test, and rubbish on my second,but I passed the second....

3)Concentrate on the car and the road, not the instructor. Chew gum if it helps, eat a sweet...something to concentrate on and take away any bad taste you may get..... Try singing a song (in your head) for the first min or two,once you get rid of the nerves

4) And, well, if you do fail.....you can ALWAYS resit...Believe that!

Good luck and let me know how it goes :)
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:10 pm

Thanks hun, i pretty much followed alot of your tips.
And I PASSED. WOOHOO
With 5 minors. I did a turn in the road and reverse around the corner. The turn in the road was fine however i thought i had messed up the reverse around the corner, after which i relaxed big time. I cried when he told me i'd passed. I was so happy, and relieved. Hehe. x
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misatok11 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:01 pm

Well done hun!!! So proud of you!! Yay!! Just a car to get now :P :D :P :D
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:37 am