Driving

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Which Driving Instructor companies are better?

Small companies
85%
Large companies
15%

Total votes : 13

Driving

Postby mariamaria » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:16 pm

Hi Everybody,

I just turned 17, and as many of you know, that's the legal age that a person can start learning to drive.

I was just curious, out of the big driving instructor companies or the smaller ones, which ones is better and cheaper? If the large driving instructor companies are cheaper, then which ones?

I am in desperate need to find a driving instructor as I want to learn how to drive.

I hope that somebody can help me.

Thank you

mariamaria
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Cat Queen » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:37 pm

Hi Hun. I passed my driving test last year. My instructor was advertising in a local paper. He was patient with me and never shouted.Cost £13 per lesson when I started, took me three years, So by the time I passed it was £15! :o I took a couple of months off my driving, Cause everytime i failed(For being Nervous), I had to regain my confidence! Passed on third go like! :D Either is good. Plenty around. Good luck...X
"Life is like a box of chocolates",
can never get enough and get fat on them!!!
Love Lou XXXX
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby misatok11 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:38 pm

Dunno my job paid for mine with the RAC. He was brilliant and funny. :D
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bubble » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:07 pm

I just passed through learning with a small company. I think its more personal.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

instructors

Postby bobbyt » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:39 pm

Hi!

Definately smaller companies.

I have friends who went with the big companies and they say you are only treated as a 'number' and the instructors are only interested in your money.

However, another friend and I went with a self employed instructor but he was great - very good at actually teaching, strict when he needed to be (like when I drove out in front of a bus on the way to my test!!!) but very good at making you feel at ease when things weren't going well.

All in all, I'd certainly recommend a small company.

Good luck!
bobbyt
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mariamaria » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:00 am

Thanks for all of your help guys. I've had two lessons so far and I've decided to go with a small driving company. She's brilliant. She's personal. I'm learning a lot quicker with her than I think I would do with a bigger company because she plans on covering some driving but if I get stuck, she doesnt just move on, she'll concentrate on my weak spot until I get it almost right.

Thanks for your help again, guys. Very much appreciated.

love

mariamaria
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby MelodyLinn » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:29 pm

Hiya mariamaria.

Just to say best of luck with your lessons and I hope your test, when it comes, goes well! :D

Love & Peace,

MelodyLinn :roll: [/u]
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby pinky » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:31 pm

Just to say..i went with the AA and i took a year til my test and failed both times so i changed to a small company and i passed after 2 months with him first time! Big companies just care about the money =P~
Pinky x
pinky
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lilo » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:51 pm

I think it's all down to the individual instructor and how well you relate to them like any teacher!

I went out with my 1st instructor on and off for 2 years and failed twice. He never adapted his teaching methods when I didn't understand. I thougt it was just me that was thick so I would pretend that I knew what he was talking about when he was banging on about the wheel arch touching the kerb!!

then after my 2nd test failure I realised it was time for a change. the new guy was not as experienced but he was soo much better. he worked with me till i understood everylast little thing and even knew when i was pretending!

You'll know who's right - just don't be like me and waste all your money on someone who won't treat you as an individual.
Life's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!!!!!
lilo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...