Staying with a guy friend

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Staying with a guy friend

Postby xJinxx » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi all (again)

Just in need of some quick advice.

My brother and I are staying with friends in 2 weeks as part of my birthday. I will be staying in a hotel room with one of my brother's friends (I do know him, we're on good terms etc etc.) as he is sharing with a friend that i'm not familiar with.

These are my main concerns:

- There's a chance I will be on my period & showering everyday, what would you recommend for privacy? (Hotel room, tiny bathroom)
- The thought of him hearing me unwrapping sanitary products makes me cringe :oops:
- I don't really want him to see me walking around in my towel after a shower even though I find this the most comfortable way to do my routines & dry my hair (How do I stop my clothes from getting wet if i'm getting dressed in the bathroom?)
- He said he has no problems with me waking up early and using my hairdryer, but obviously I want to consider him too... Is it worth talking to him about?

Thanks.
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Staying with a guy friend

Postby snail » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Wouldn't it be better for you and your brother to share, and these two men to share (even if they don't know each other)?

Sanitary products do not make much noise, I'm sure he wouldn't realise or know it wasn't a pack of tissues or wipes you were opening, and it doesn't matter if he does really. Run the taps if you're really worried.

I agree that walking around in a towel is not really appropriate in close quarters with a man you're not related to. Dry yourself in the bathroom and get dressed there. There will be somewhere you can leave your clothes while in the shower. If not, put them folded on the closed lid of the toilet. Dry your hair after you're dressed, perhaps while he is in the bathroom so the noise of the dryer will bother him less.

You'll have to agree rising times and bathroom schedules with him yourself really.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xJinxx » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:55 pm

The guy my brother is staying with can act a little weird sometimes in the stuff he says or does.

My brother has been kind enough to take me and his friend out of an awkward situation and put himself in it.
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:27 pm

You really can't get a room on your own? That would be the obvious solution.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:41 pm

First solution would be BelBels... if it's YOUR birthday thing could you ask for your own room as part of your gift or something if money is the issue?

If that's not practical then I think:
- There's a chance I will be on my period & showering everyday, what would you recommend for privacy? (Hotel room, tiny bathroom)
- The thought of him hearing me unwrapping sanitary products makes me cringe :oops:

Is there any way you could avoid being on your period if it bothers you that much? Are you on the pill? Could you run a couple of packs together or get that tablet you can take to postpone your pill? If you are unwilling or unable to do that, then as Snail said, I wouldnt worry too much. If it's bothering you, run the tap or shower when you're changing bits or get something more long term (look into mooncups or softcups).

- I don't really want him to see me walking around in my towel after a shower even though I find this the most comfortable way to do my routines & dry my hair (How do I stop my clothes from getting wet if i'm getting dressed in the bathroom?)
My experience of this from staying in hostel dorms is to have a light cover up dress thing - like a long vest so I get dry and put this on as soon as I get out of the shower, wander around and do my hair and make up wearing this and then either go and get dressed in the bathroom when it's dried out a little, OR wait for him to go in the shower and get dressed then.

- He said he has no problems with me waking up early and using my hairdryer, but obviously I want to consider him too... Is it worth talking to him about?
If he's said it's no problem, I see no problem in holding him to that (depending on how early you're talking of course). If you feel too guilty doing that could you not just let your hair dry naturally (or start letting it dry naturally and blow dry it when he wakes up?)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to And the rest...