split ends!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

split ends!

Postby Smiley » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:59 pm

hiya, recently i have got really bad split ends in my hair and i dont know how to get rid of them! i know having your hair cut is meant to get rid of them, but because most of them are nearer the top of my hair, going for a trim doesnt do much good! does any1 know what i can do, without resorting to having all my hair cut off ?!?
thanx !! :D
Smiley
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bubble » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:19 am

Have a word with your hairdresser? Their the best people to advise on what you can do/use.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby saz » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:23 am

It is quite hard to have split ends at the top of your head unless you have short hair. Do you mean that you have short bits of hair sticking up from the top of your head? I always used to think that these were broken hairs but in fact they are new ones growing through. Obviously if you have long hair then new hairs will take a while to grow to that length.

Having your hair cut really does help with actual split ends which if you look at the bottom of a strand of hair, means it is split in two. Also, cut down on blow drying and other things like straightening because they damage your hair. Go to a chemist/shop and get some nice shampoo that helps with the damage.

The best thing you can do is ask a hairdressers advice. Like i said, i thought that these hairs were broken ones but i found out they were in fact new. Dont be worried to ask, it is their job!!!!!!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby cheese100 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:26 pm

There are some shampoos around that help prevent split ends so shop around.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sovs » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:13 pm

Why dont you have your hair layered :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...