Drink spiked

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Drink spiked

Postby demoncharmonic » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:01 pm

I was wondering if you could help me. I went clubbing on Friday night. As usual I had a few drinks so was fairly drunk but not compared to the usual drunkness as I'd had nowhere near as much as usual and hadn't been to bars before going out like usual. I am used to drinking a huge amount! About 20 minutes into the night, I began to feel dizzy and confused even though I had stopped drinking. This got worse and worse until after 5 minutes I got one of my friends to take me into the toilets and give me water. The last thing I remember is being sick. Apparently I was violently sick and then I was carried outside and remained there in the company of very good friends for the rest of the night. I spent the night shivering, shaking, crying and being generally very disorientated and lost. I was also unable to walk or stand up. I know nothing happened as my friends stayed with me the whole time. I think it's more than likely I was spiked but I would like to know what with? I know for a fact that the effects I had were similar to those caused by rohypnol. It can't have been the alcohol because I simply didn't have that much and when I am ill due to drinking, I have one mouthful of drink too much and throw up straight away. However I got progressively more ill over a 10 minute period even though I had stopped drinking... I know for a fact that some people in the club were spiking drinks on Friday night and a few weeks ago in the same venue, someone asked my friend if he could have a sip of her drink, she gave it to him, he turned round and dropped a tablet into her drink then gave it back to her. Luckily she saw that the tablet was rohypnol... Also all day Saturday I felt very very ill. It was like a comedown. I am used too having hangovers and I've never felt like that! Please can you tell me if you think I was spiked and if possible, what with so I can warn all my friends about this asap.
Thank you for all your help.
demoncharmonic
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misatok11 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:14 pm

This sounds very much like your drink was spiked. If you are still feeling the effects after 24hrs i would suggest visiting a doctor.
It has become almost commonplace in clubs and there are about 1 in 3 drinks spiked.
These tips should help: Keep your drink with you at all times.
If you visit the dance floor and leave your drink unattended leave it and get a new one.
Look out for anyone with an eye on your drink.
Dont let anyone you dont know/trust have a drink from your bottle/glass.
Most of all look after each other when you are out and have fun!!
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:53 am

Hi demoncharmonic.

What a horrible experience you had. Very scary, could have been worse if it wasn't for friends.

From 4woman.gov:

Effects begin within thirty minutes, peak within two hours, and can persist for up to eight hours. It is commonly reported that persons who become intoxicated on a combination of alcohol and flunitrazepam have "blackouts" lasting eight to twenty-four hours following ingestion.

Disinhibition (losing your social inhibitions) is another widely reported effect of Rohypnol, when taken alone or in combination with alcohol. Adverse effects of Rohypnol use include: decreased blood pressure, memory impairment, drowsiness, visual disturbances, dizziness, confusion, gastrointestinal disturbances and urinary retention.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:22 am

And when holding your drink, always place your thumb over the top of the bottle so no-one can slip anything in it when your not looking.
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby beerfest_queen » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:44 pm

hey it does very much sound like your drink has been spiked. ive been there myself and it aint a pretty experience. i can drink till the stuff comes out of my ears and that night id had no where nearly as much as a normal night out. i had pretty much the same experience as you. luckily for me my friend was there to help me and he took me to his house to sleep it off.
these things happen very often sadly so you ve just gotta be careful.
good luck in the future. x
beerfest_queen
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mushypeas » Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:39 pm

It makes you wonder if there's any point in going out any more for a good time!! Women have so many dangers in a night out. If 1 in 3 drinks are spiked that must mean there are a lot of wierdos out there. I hate it when you go out and men think they can grope you when you walk past. The trouble is that if you don't know who they are they could turn nasty if they don't get what they want, and now they have the power to render you almost unconscious to get what they want!
Take care of yourselves!!
mushypeas
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:05 pm

mushypeas wrote:Women have so many dangers in a night out.

I would just like to point out that this issue is not just relevant to one gender but for anyone drinking in a group.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to And the rest...