Why are so many terrible things happening?

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Why are so many terrible things happening?

Postby saz » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:18 am

The closer it gets to christmas, the more awful things keep happening around me. My aunty was diagnosed with terminal cancer, my step brother died suddenly and now my little niece has suddenly been rushed into intensive care critically ill with meningitis.

I am trying to be positive but everything is getting worse. She is very ill and it is so worrying and upsetting. We wont know for the next day or so how things are with her, it is wait and see. I also feel helpless. We were supposed to be visiting his sister and nieces on boxing day, but she wont be out of hospital before christmas and i wont be able to go to the hospital because they wont let me take the baby in. We want to be there and i am worried about the little girl and his sister too

With my aunty i want to see her more often but she gets very tired quickly, the baby tires her out too. She has so many people visiting her all the time and i find it difficult to get there. Then i feel bad that i dont go more.

My dad and stepmother are visiting this weekend. Her son died a few weeks ago suddenly and apparently she is in a total state, drinking a lot too. I didn't go to the funeral it was too far away and i have found it difficult to phone them because she is in such a mess.

I dont even know why i am writing this really i think i just need some support. I am always the person everyone else leans on. I just dont know what to do anymore, who to prioritise, who to see first and how to help support them all too.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:22 am

Hi saz,

They say that things happen in threes. All i can really say is just be there for each other. Familys do well when everyone sticks together so as long as you keep doing what you are doing now, then everyone can feel much more positive.

Sorry i can't be more help but keep your chin up,

Smile x x
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:26 am

Thanks smile.

It is just hard because it is both my partner and my families affected by different things and both our sets of parents are divorced. This makes it harder because you have so many sets of parents to talk to and support, visit etc.

I do hope that the bad things happen in threes saying is true, and no more things go wrong there are members of my family who couldn't cope with anymore things.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:25 pm

Hiya Saz
Im sorry to hear about everything that is happening to you at the moment.
I don't think i can be of much help, but just wanted you to know i'm here. Perhaps something simple like sending a card, or a quick phonecall to all the different parties involved would mean more than you know, even if you don't think you've helped. I'm sure people understand your situation, and most people don't expect much from others at all.
Hope everything works out for you hun
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby saz » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:54 pm

Thanks for your advice. I am feeling a bit better now i have spoken to his sister and his niece is stable but things are looking ok at the moment. They arent sure about long term problems yet so that is the next step. It was good to talk to them and see how things are going but we still want to be there.

I also spoke to my dad, gave a bit of support etc but explained how much was going on at the moment he said he understood.

Have been occupying myself on the internet - it is quite relaxing sometimes like reading a book.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby cheese100 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:05 pm

I dont know where to begin.I think you have to share this with someone close they can help you and support you maybe look after the baby while you go to the hospital.I am really sorry for whats happened you have to stay strong but remember that you are not alone.good luck and hope your neice gets better cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...