bored!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

bored!

Postby Riley_Jo » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:23 pm

hi, im 15 and I leave school in May but it seems to be going so slow! All I want to do is leave home and move to Spain but I can't until I'm 18. I really want to do is become a holiday entertainer/animator but again I can't do this until I'm 18. I'm that obsessed with leaving school and getting out there to Spain that I keep looking on the internet at positions that I know I would be really good at. I'm just so bored of life I'm sick of school and want to just do my exams and get out of there but then my parents want me to go to college and get a decent education in travel and tourism. It's not that I have a bad home life and I just want to leave my family I just want to be independant, no one thinks that I will have the confidence to be up on stage everynight entertaining, i just really want to prove to them that I'm capable and that I'm ready.
I'm so sick of living my boring life!
Riley_Jo :roll:
Pretty Green Eyes
Riley_Jo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Fidel » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:28 pm

Just stick in for another year or so and go onto college and do a course
u'll have loads of free time
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:14 pm

Hi Riley Jo. I dont think they are worried about your abilities as an entertainer, but maybe about how you will survive out in Spain - money, food and then on a serious note, your long term prospects. If you dont get any qualifications and then do the entertaining for a few years, you may well decide to do something different. But without your qualifications it will be hard for you to progress in life which you will want to one day.

Parents are supposed to worry about you, they care about you and it is their job to try and get you on the right track in life.

Life out in spain as an entertainer may well look very glamourous but i think in some situations it can be extremely hard work in a hot climate, low pay, bad accommodation, no time off, high targets to meet, lots of paperwork and rules and regulations to follow. I have had friends who have worked as reps and the lifestyle is very hard - but fun. They love it for a few years but it isn't for them long term. At some point you might want to settle down with a family and i know it seems a long time away, but planning for that future is a good idea.

You have a few years to go until you can go out there and you should weigh up all your options. Spain will still be there after you have done your course and there will be so many other doors open for you if you have some qualifications.

Being independent can be fun - but also a bit scary take it from me. I was so looking forward to leaving home but 4 years later the excitement has gone as doing the washing, cooking and cleaning isn't much fun!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby worstfriend » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:38 pm

I spent my teenage years wishing i was older, and now i am....well as Saz says, the washing up is in the sink, the electricity bill is on the mat, the freezer's empty, and ain't no-one gonna do owt about it but me and my partner.

There's no reason you can't do something positive towards your ambition to be an entertainer in Spain while you finish your education. Why not get a qualification in Spanish? It would make you a popular candidate for jobs in Spain and it would mean that if the entertainment thing didn't work out right away, you would still be able to get a job out there.

Added to this, your family will see what a mature approach you're taking and maybe they'll be able to calm down a little and not worry so much. Maybe you could even talk to your parents and see if they'll show you how they sort out finances/bills/etc, so you can learn how to do it yourself.

Maybe you could also get involved with a local theatre/youth-club/entertainment group, as any experience will help your chances of getting employed.

Try to see the next few years as an important, necessary time for your life skills to develop so you can go out there and achieve your dreams when the time is right.

Best of luck

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Riley_Jo » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:22 pm

thanks alot everyone I've decided to stick it out lol. im doing spanish gcse so hopefully that will help!
thanks people
riley xxx
Pretty Green Eyes
Riley_Jo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby cheese100 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:03 pm

hi
I do that what you wanna do but just take a moment to think who you would be leaving behind and what that would do them.Your talking about a life changes thing before you start you new life take time to appriecate your old one.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...