Jobs

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Jobs

Postby dazed_bubble » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:45 pm

i have a job, but they haven't given me any shifts for 2 weeks, i'm getting pretty skint, and my parents are witching at me to get another job! just had to vent my anger. :evil: wish there was some easy way to get money!!
dazed_bubble
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:49 pm

I too wish there was an easy way to make money as i do cleaning at the weekends to make ends meet at the moment.

It is good that you are trying please dont give up. Taking on another job might be a bit much for you, but if you are looking for something temporary while the shifts are scarce then try the local newspaper. There are often temporary jobs in there, i delivered phone books and leaflets for a week for some extra cash but it is really really hard work.

If your work aren't offering the shifts around fairly - very likely as it seems the same people get them sometimes, then tackle them about it! Most people ask for the shifts instead of waiting to be asked, i am sure most of your colleagues are straight in there when they come up so get on the phone and start asking.

Tell your parents that you are trying to get this sorted out. It has been 2 weeks so far which isn't that long just show them that you are making the effort and ask them to be patient.

Good luck!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:53 pm

You need to approach your manager, or whoever is in charge, and ask them form ore shifts. A lot of the time, companies just don't know how much work their younger staff can take.
If that doesn't work, then go ahead and look for another job. There's nothing wrong with having two jobs...I have three! Be inventive and make up your own jobs; babysitting, dog walking, shoveling snow (don't know if that's much of a market over there or not)...whatever comes to your mind. Check out www.monster.co.uk. It has some great tools you can use to help you find a job. I was even hired by one of the employers that use that site, when I was planning on moving to Scotland. Best of luck, and try not to be too concerned about your parents. They just want what's best for you.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dazed_bubble » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:31 pm

hey thanks for both your replies, and i'll have a look at that site! :)
dazed_bubble
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...