dissertation horror

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

dissertation horror

Postby lynne242 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:38 pm

Hi all,

I'm a student in my final honours year at uni and throughout my entire course, Ive always scored great results.

I'm in the process of writing my dissertation/thesis and I cant seem to think clearly. I think I might fail completely. I love every other aspect of the course but this dissertation is getting me down.
Its not that Im unable to write, im just finding it really hard to get moving. I'm terrified of failure.

L
lynne242
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby cheese100 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:16 pm

hi
Why dont you try to set targets like before you go out doing some of it and you cant go out untill you do,works for me.good luck cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Beckyt » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:22 pm

Hey!

You're not alone chick. It is vile thinking that it's so much to write. I have not long finished uni and the dissertaion is mega daunting. But the best way to tackle it is to think that it will be over in 7 months. it's a time when you need to stay focused and disciplined.
The best way i found is rather than sitting and trying to write great chunks of it. You need to sit down, get a drink and whatever else you want and sit and work solidly for 10 mins.
Then get up walk around, finish your drink do whatever for 10 mins and then go back to it for another 10 mins. You'll be surprised how much you get done.
Keep typing bits up as you go along as well and make sure you choose a subject thats going to keep your interest for those months. I made the mistake of not doing this and god it was tedious.
But it isn't worth throwing away your degree for one assignment. Perserverence hard work and hard play is what you need. Treat yourself to a holiday after it all and it'll all seem worth while.

All the best of luck to you
Don't worry be happy!!!
Beckyt
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lynne242 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:56 am

just to let everyone know...I did get my degree - a 2.1 (hons) ! it was mega daunting but somehow you get through it :) Thankyou for taking the time to give out some good advice. i really appreciate it x now im off to see the world x
lynne242
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:12 am

Well done.

8)
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby BlueRayman » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:04 pm

Thats cool!!!

Well Done
It takes more than a bullet to stop fate.
BlueRayman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Rock_Queen » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:13 pm

Brilliant :D
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lizzie.s. » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:25 pm

Superb! well done
it makes you think doesn't it?
lizzie.s.