I feel empty

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I feel empty

Postby daveshow » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:32 pm

i have this really weird feeling inside me and its like i feel empty and dont feel anything alothough what i have just said is an oxymoron :wink: can anyone tell what this feeling of emptyness means if you need more info on what the cause might be just ask.
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:18 pm

Bumping this topic up for the attention of members that may have some experiences or opinions to contribute.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:12 am

It is hard to answer this one as only you know what is making you feel empty. Maybe you haven't acheived something that you want to do or want to do something new. I suggest having a good think about where you are in your life and what is making you feel like this.

Smile
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby daveshow » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:58 pm

i think i just feel a bit used sometimes
"I eat green berets for breakfast and right now i'm very hungry"
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby cheese100 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:42 pm

hi
By who are you feeling used.I am sure you are a great person and that you are very lucky to be alive.the emptyness cannot be helped but maybe if you have done or will do something then your life is worth living.Your friend did you and probably really like you so you must not be completey empty.I think people are put on the earth for a reason so just keep going.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby daveshow » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm

i really dont know why recently i have started to brighten up i think it was just a deep feeling of boredom but my friends and i have started going out again with out the idiots so its cool again.

Thanks for all your replies

Edited for profanity by smile on 25th February 2004.
"I eat green berets for breakfast and right now i'm very hungry"
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lynne242 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:17 pm

Depression can make you feel empty - everything that is slightly less than perfect feels ten times worse - problems seem worse and you begin to pity yourself more when at the end of the day you are actually a great person with problems that can be easily solved. You lose interest in the things you normally love to do and everything feels pointless. Im glad you are feeling better now - when you feel empty again, just get out there and dont sit and dwell on things. When I feel empty - I go for a long walk - works for me...but I try to at least pick up the phone and talk to a friend for 5 minutes...that makes me feel so much better. And when you take the time to talk to your mates - they'll make more of an effort with you. But you need to also have a life outside friends. you cant just sit around waiting for them to need you or want to spend time with you - its boring I know, but get involved with something youve always wanted to do - you'll get more confidence by doing this and when people try to use you you'll be ready to hold your hand up and say "talk to the hand cos the face aint listening" :-)
lynne242
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...