worries

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

worries

Postby beckybubbles » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:47 pm

x
Last edited by beckybubbles on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beckybubbles
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby markh » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:51 pm

It seems to me that she thinks you are too young to be responsible for your child. Have a chat with her and assure her that you are old enough to cope with it.
:D
When all things in life seem blue,
And there's nothing you can do,
There is One you can turn to,
His name is Jesus, He loves you.

Don't look before you leap, you'll only decide to sit down.
markh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby worstfriend » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:13 am

I think you can sit your Mum down and tell her that though you want to talk to her, and have contact with her, both for your own sake and the sake of your daughter, you won't tolerate her behaving like this.

Most people would really object to this kind of behaviour and it isn't fair. Your baby needs to grow up knowing who her mummy is, and your Mum has to accept that she is YOUR daughter, and you CAN cope.

Explain to her that while you value the grandmother/grandaughter relationship she can give your daughter, you won't tolerate it jeapordising your mother/daughter relationship with your child.

She might not like it at first, but she has to accept it. This is your baby and it's up to you to fight for what's best for her.

Hope this helps

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby cheese100 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:17 pm

hi
Talk to your boyfriend you to together could talk to her say that you love the fact that you friends and that shes a great grandparent but you are in control of you kids life and you dont want the same thing to happen again i sure she will understand.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:33 pm

It does seem like there are some issues between you and your mum, that maybe go back quite a long way. Your mum may be thinking that you cant cope, but instead of offering support she is trying to do it all for you. You have to talk to her and explain that she is your daughter and you appreciate her help, but you want to do things your way and can cope. Also things will change as your daughter gets older because the novelty of babyhood wears off slightly!

Sometimes things can get really stressful with little ones. I have an 18 month old who is walking and into everything and you need eyes in the back of your head! What works for me is a routine of certain times looking after the child exclusively, and doing work at other times. Your coursework is important but you may have to rethink you routine if things are difficult for you.

Your boyfriend is trying to be sensible about money and in some ways i am sure you can see his point of view too. There is nothing to stop you celebrating but perhaps you could compromise and do something that isn't going to set you back a lot of money.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to And the rest...