Stress and sleep and stress and work work work !

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Stress and sleep and stress and work work work !

Postby Roll_up_and_shine » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:49 pm

Im a workaholic. i dont ever take breaks and to be honest its making me ill :( ...almost

Im a student and I havent had a good nights sleep for an excessive period of time. ( I know most people say that but seriously. Its been so long since i woke up in the morning without being tense or agitated. And all i think about is what work i have to do for tomorrow..tomorrow...tomorrow

I live in tomorrow. And i cant except failure or anything and its drives me to the state of mental almost.

Because my actual work load is fairly substantial i feel that i have to be the best and i cant ever stop for a break otherwise im letting myself down!

I was 'diagnosed' with stress...but at the end of the day what good is taht going to do to me?!

I just feel like i have a million and one things to do and i cant seem to concentrate anymore. Im not how i used to be. I used to work so efficiently

And everyone else around me is coping fine

Cheers
Roll_up_and_shine
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:58 pm

well it sound slike you could use a small break just to relax and sort things out! you cant carry on like this or work will tkae over your life and you will have no freedom at all!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby crying devil » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:07 pm

you cant carry on like this, my sister got stressed as a student, but she just had to forget about it when she got the chances...she made sure that say once amonth, she had the chance to get away from all of it, even if just by coming to see her family. if you don't start sleeping though....you will be more suseptable to illness.....which wouldnt help with the whole stres thing, because you will be left with work to catch up on.
crying devil
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Roll_up_and_shine » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:07 pm

i know i can even tell myself that but its so difficult to let go sometimes

i also need to take breaks when doing my work, but i feel guilty if i do that

any suggestions?!?!

what i end up doing is, (for exapmle) if i have a dissertation in for monday and a project for friday i will work 24/7 on that dissertation until monday then i will work until friday on my LARGE project which i dont end up doing properly..or stayiing up ALL NIGHT to do it because i didnt manage my time!

i cant stand to think of what im becoming! Obsessive? Twitchy, too :(
Roll_up_and_shine
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Roll_up_and_shine » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:08 pm

crying devil wrote:you cant carry on like this, my sister got stressed as a student, but she just had to forget about it when she got the chances...she made sure that say once amonth, she had the chance to get away from all of it, even if just by coming to see her family. if you don't start sleeping though....you will be more suseptable to illness.....which wouldnt help with the whole stres thing, because you will be left with work to catch up on.

i wear contact lenses but they don't stay in anymore due to my eyes being dry.... due to lack of sleep.

By the way i'm a sixth form student not at uni. So my family are all around me

Its just im getting stressed now. what will i be like at uni?????
Roll_up_and_shine
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:34 pm

then maybe you could talk to your teachers ask them about how you could spread things out better and tell them you are struggling!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...