Past sexual abuse has become a current issue

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Past sexual abuse has become a current issue

Postby bluetpot » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:28 am

this is my first time using this and will probably be my last. i have one problem and that is it. 2 years ago i got a taxi home from my friends house and the taxi driver asked me for sex. i said no but he said i had to do it so i did not put up a fight to stop him i just let him do it. i know i should have told someone what happened to me but i did not want my whole world to change so i tried to act like nothing had happened but 6 months ago i met my boyfriend who told me that he was sexually abused when he was younger and when i heard this i told him everything but now i feel like i should have never told him and i cant stop worrying about it. please dont suggest telling my parents or friends because its to late now. any help would do

Enigma says:
Welcome to the forums. In future please give your topics titles that reflect the specifics of the problems you're seeking help about.
bluetpot
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby sovs » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:39 am

Its never to late if you feel its something you need to do.
Im sure your boyfriend wont say about it to anyone, if anything he will understand what your going through. talk to him you may be able to support eachother.
What happened to you is terrible and i really feel for you.
It may be worth going to the police if you can no matter how long its been, as this driver may carry on doing it to other defenseless women.
Whatever you decide im sure you family would support you given the chance.
Its more likely to destroy you by keeping it all inside.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby bluetpot » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:06 am

thank you for your advice. i have thought about that a lot i would never want any one to go through what i did but the longer i have left it the harder it has got. sometimes i think i must be completly mad not to have gone to the police and then other times i can just imagine what it would do to my family, i would hate them to have to go through the pain of knowing what has happened. my boyfriend is great and he gives me so much comfort but i just feel that since i told him i get so nervous when he is around my friends or family incase he mentions it. any way thank you for replying to me i appreciate it very much
bluetpot
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to And the rest...