Not sure what to do about university

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Should I start in february, or apply elsewhere?

February
75%
Elsewhere
25%

Total votes : 4

Not sure what to do about university

Postby stupid_kid » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:34 pm

Right... I have a place to start on the 14th of february, to do nursing. Basically the uni have messed me around, i've had no information from them and I've had to ring them to see what's going on. Now they're asking if I'd move to a different campus, as there aren't enough places at the one that i'm supposed to have a place at! I'm fed up, and really don't want to go to this uni anymore.

I'm going to apply somewhere else, and see if I can get a place for september this year. Only thing is, my parents are moving house, about an hour south of here, so I'd have to move with them. My bf lives here, and I don't wanna be that far away :( Sooo... maybe I could rent a room in a houseshare and carry on living here?? Or.. should I just take the place that I've got to start in february.... :headache:
stupid_kid
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Lilly1 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:28 pm

Hiya

Could you not start at this Uni on the 14th and just see how it goes. You may find that they just got inundated with questions and just missed you out somehow. It does happen. You may get there and have the tim eof your life. I think you should give it a go and if its rubbish you can leave and re-enroll for the September course.

Good Luck!
Every Cloud has a Silver Lining....
Lilly1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby SugarRainbows » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:56 pm

Id probably do both if i was you...its not gona hurt to apply to other unis and start at that one, if you like it you can stay but if not your keeping your other options open!
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby loopylou » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:10 pm

Theres no harm in starting the one in february and see how it goes altho it does mean that youll have to go through making new friends twice butits not a problem really cos im sure you are friendly.

i just want to say, to be able to go through university and especially nursing, you kind of have to be happy otherwise it will really effect you.

A nursing degree or diploma is really really hard work, working shifts while trying to do essays etc etc, so whatever you do just do your best to be happy.
I was doing a nursing degree about 1hr away from home and my boyfriend, the first year was fine but into second year things went from bad to worse and i struggled cos i was unhappy and started to suffer from depression altho i managed all my work (which was really hard) but i left 7months before the end.

If you really dont want to go to this uni in february dont go apply for a place elsewhere but DONT let anybody push you into one decision or another or make you feel guilty just remember its your happiness that counts.

But theres no harm at all in giving it a try but only if you want to!

Good luck whatever you do, im sure youll figure out what is right for you, let us all know what you decide pet!
Dont forget to keep smiling :)
loopylou
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby stupid_kid » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:49 pm

thanks for the replies. have realised nursing isn't what i want to do at all... i'm gonna do an hnd in business instead!
stupid_kid
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby loopylou » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:04 pm

atleast ya realised before you started pet

good luck with your hnd!
Dont forget to keep smiling :)
loopylou
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...