money making :(

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

money making :(

Postby IckleBlackRose » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:56 pm

I need your help,
I go to college during the day till 2..at half 5/6 i have to go to work till 8.half 8.. i then come home.. saturday mornings i have to go to a meeting for an hr or too.And i really need to make more money somehow,has anyone got any ways? xxxx thanks xxxx
IckleBlackRose
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Moose » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:27 pm

I would take the rest of Saturday off otherwise you will be knackered, and get a Sunday job. Or if it is a quick fix you are after, do a car boot sale. I recently made enough money doing one of those to have a week's holiday.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby nothings_shocking » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:39 pm

it may seem really boring and so uncool but there is something to do with licking enveloeps it is really well paid and you just do as many as you can. my friend does it and he has a lot of coursework to do and he still has money! another alternative is a call centre they pay over £5 for 16 year olds but do not know for people above that.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:46 pm

I have found it quite hard to get a job that pays well with convenient hours - i have children and can only work weekends or evenings, and like you it gets tiring if you work too much. So far, i haven't found any decent working from home solutions and do NHS cleaning (which pays very well). Other alternatives are supermarkets, as they normally have a lot more flexible hours - even shelf stacking in evenings, it pays quite well. Call centres dont always advertise so maybe ask people you know, or call the company directly.

Boot sales are always a good idea, not just make money but have a good clear out.

Everything also depends on your circumstances, situation and skills which you dont mention. What are your outgoings that you have to meet, and how far are you prepared to go - because you might end up sacrificing your studies if you are not careful. Think all of these things over, and keep looking. Good luck
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby JennaXXX » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:26 pm

I am in the exact same situation. I have tried looking for part time jobs but am having no luck!
Maybe try to see if you can get some babysitting work if you like kids? I do it occassionally and it helps with the money side of things for a while.
Other then that I would just suggest that you keep looking out for jobs in your local newspapers. Good luck!
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Are you good at anything like writing or drawing? Entering yourself into contests and offering yourself as a freelancer are great ways of making money - freelancers generally get paid a lot for their services (provided you cna find the work.)
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby all_apologies » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:54 pm

Internet auction sites, particularly eBay, are good for getting rid of unwanted stuff, and often the weirdest of items can get far more money than you expect.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to And the rest...