Im stopping!! but need help...

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Im stopping!! but need help...

Postby PinkEgoBox » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:13 pm

Heya,

um recently ive been self harming again, but its been getting worse so I decided I have to stop it because im scaring the only person who knows about it.

im getting a 'trying to stop' SH bead braclet so when i go to hurt myself i see it first and it will make me think about what im trying to achieve and stop me doing it.

but to stop SH you need to replace it, just thinking about not doing it wont be enough to stop me when I get the feeling, i need to think about it then do something else, but distraction doesnt work!

i need another frustration/anger release, has anyone got any ideas?

Wasnt sure where to post this! (and i know some people on here know me so please keep it to yourself!! the hardest thing was telling someone and ive had a hard time accepting it the past few days).

Thankyou for your help in advance, and if anyones interested i can get a counter put in my sig of how long ive gone?

Ty for any support!

PEB x x
PinkEgoBox
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby PurePurple » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:48 pm

Ice Cubes, Screaming into a pillow, A Stress ball? You squeeze them and you feel the anger but not the pain..

BPB
xXx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:50 pm

Darling, there have been a couple of threads here recently about self-harm, such as this one, which has another link in it - there's all sorts of help here.

But why do you think you're doing it now? C'mon, scream and shout about it! :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jess1234 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:57 pm

Hey huni,
A lot of people on here self harm, me included. As peecee said, why do you self harm? I did it becuase i didn't know how to vent my anger and fustration any other way! Peecee has given you the link to my thread so have a read! PM me if you want to chat!
Take care lovely xxx
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:01 pm

Just a thought....Ever tried snapping a pencil when your angry?
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PinkEgoBox » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:18 am

Omw this is gona be hard! Ok imagine this is a normal person going along their daily life

Wake ---------_____----------------_______________-------------sleep

They have ups and downs but generally it stays close to normal or on a normal continuum (obviously unless a major event happens).

Then you get someone whos been put down alot or had a bad time with the people theyve been with over a long period of time, lots of stressful things have happened over a long period (of a few years). Their 'normal contiuum' is the same, but then say they get something jokingly said to them or something small happens, instead of being sent down a little for a short time like the person on the scale would, they fall really far because of all the other stuff thats happened to them, like that never went away its just there in secret. This can lead the person to hate themselves and feel sick with themselves and become angry and can lead to SH.
But none of that is important anymore, they want to leave it all behind them but its just shaking it all off thats the hard part.

Also, if they feel they hurt someone else (because the last thing they would ever want to do is hurt someone) then it leads them to become angry and upset with themselves.

Or just because they are stressed and get frustrated because they havent been working to an extortionate extent like the stupid amount they set themselves.

BTW your doing seriously awesome Jess, I know how hard it is!

I've just had enough though now, and its getting worse, im actually scaring my friend, he doesnt deserve to be put through this. Enough is enough!
PinkEgoBox
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kacie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:27 pm

Last edited by kacie on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kacie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Hurting angel » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:40 pm

When i get to that point where i know im so angry that self harm will begin i have a play fight. I get all my anger out through a small play fight with my boyfriend because he knows about it and by the time we finished i feel tired and drained of my anger. The need to self harm then just kinda goes. If not then fight with a pillow or go for a run or just do something energetic to release the anger. Try throwing a ball hard at a wall. Or if its the feeling of pain you need hold an ice cube for ages or have a really hot bath or something that wont literally hurt u. Well done for coming this far and good luck.xxx
It always rains hardest on the people who deserve the sun.
Note to self, I miss you terribly.
Hurting angel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...