lack of confidence

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

lack of confidence

Postby stephy82 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:35 am

i wasnt sure where to put this but ill try here.........

How do i go about increasing my confidence?> Im terrible, very shy and lacking in self esteem. Just been dumped so feeling a hundred times more down than normal too

I dont have many friends becasue i lost touch with them when i started seeing my bf (i know, BIG MISTAKE)

I hate talking on phones, i feel like everywhere i go im being looked at or laughed at. Its ruining my life becasue im constantly turning down things becasue i find it too hard to deal with people.

Im moving away to a new place soon where i wont anyone and im so scared i become a hermit and will end up all alone bridget jones style....

Sorry about the ramble i just feel really terrible just now
stephy82
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby splodge » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:57 am

Oh my God.

I feel the exact same way as you do.

I don't know what to say, so sorry I'm not any help. But at least now you know you're not alone in what you're feeling.
Slander against cats, write that down.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby JennaXXX » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:27 pm

I feel the exact same way as you both and I can totally symphatize. Its a horrible feeling.
But there are ways in which you can make yourself feel better.
I know its hard when you are shy and lacking in self-esteem. You just feel like a fool all the time and worry constantly about what other people think of you. I cant offer you any positive advice on this as I feel like it all the time. However you have to remind yourself that you are just as good as everyone else and have a lot to offer.
As for your friends why dont you write them a letter apologizing for cutting them out of your life? Theres no gaurantees that it will work but at least you know that you have tried.
Try to think positively it really does make such a big difference. The more negativity that surrounds you means that it will be harder to break out of this cycle.
Let us know how you get on hun xxxxxxxx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Skyedavies » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:50 pm

ask your gp to refer you for some councelling maybe talking to someone may help. It is perfectly normal to be underconfident but there a point where it can be a problem. and this is when you have panick attacks when in others company or if you are going to the shop. this would reguire seeing a psychiatrist and maybe being put on medications to alleviate the nerves. nip it in the bud if you feel its a problem go see your GP
Skyedavies
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby pink stripes » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi,

I totally understand your situation. I used to be really unconfident, but i found a way of overcoming it. I'm still shy at times but I feel better and more confident now. The thing that worked for me was try and do something that I didnt want to becuase afterwards, I felt really pleased and proud and I thought to myself" hey! I actually CAN do this!"

Also, how about talking to a family member about how you feel, talking about a problem can sometimes help you feel better.

I really hope this helps you hun, if u ever need to chat, just PM

XxXxX
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...