anything else i havent thought of?`

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

anything else i havent thought of?`

Postby xfayelouisex » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:40 am

me and my boyfriend are finally able to move out and rent a place, but first i need to add up all th outgoings and try think of saving on these out goings, like is there cheaper or better ways of doing things, or has anyone any suggestions on how they save money on bills.
so there obviously the rent, theres gas, electric,water, and a landline phone, but i was thinking perhaps only have it for incoming calls,or only use it if absolubtly vital, we both have contract mobiles anyway. we have our own outgoings now as it is anyway, so i just wanted to know if anyone can help me out
thanks also is there any other outgoings i havent thought of?
mus:- i don't know much but i know i love you and that maybe all i need to know.
xfayelouisex
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Moose » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:48 am

Rent, council tax, water bill, house insurance, phone/internet bill, TV licence, and gas/electric. Just taken those from a spreadsheet I've got of my outgoings for the month. I've got a couple of others on there too like stuff to do with my car. But I think the ones I've listed are the basics.

I've got everything on direct debit, and sometimes you can get a discount (not much, but even if it's just a bit it's worth it) by doing that.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby umistgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Get yourself over to http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com and post a SOA (statement of affairs) this is basically a list of your estimated outgoings and your income and the guys on that board will without doubt be able to whittle your bills down for you by finding alternative ways or alternative suppliers. There are some really good ideas on there.

A monthly example SOA goes something like....

Outgoings

Gas: £25
Elec: £18
Rent: £600

Income

Me: £xxxx
Other half: £xxxx

You dont have to provide income if you dont want to but it helps particularly if you only earn a small wage- then they know how much they really have to cut your bills down by.

Good Luck with the move.
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.
umistgirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...