really, really nervous!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

really, really nervous!

Postby ashtee » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:23 pm

My father is going to be getting married, and I am going to be an usher, the problem is I get really nervous in big social get togethers. My stepmother will be bringing lots of her friends and family around to stay for the week, and these will be people I have never met before.

I know I will have to push myself to interact, and I am dreading it because I feel so socially awkward, particularly in big family get togethers.

Can any help?

Thank Anyone
ashtee
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bexical » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:28 pm

Just stay calm wahat ever you do. I had to meet my boyfriends parents the other weekend who are dutch as you can imagine i felt the same. The key is to stay calm and just casually introduce yourself. They wil make a converstaion with you which i am sure will put you at ease with these people. Good luck and you'll be fine
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby JennaXXX » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:35 am

You are as good as everyone else there.Remember that. Just be friendly and be yourself, thats all you can do. I am sure it will be fine. xxxx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Angel_Fairy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:08 pm

Heya:)

As an usher people will naturally drawn to ask who you are and things about you. Just mentally prepare some answers and you'll be fine!!

Even if you do do something silly in front of them (as i have done many a time) just laugh it off and it will be an ice breaker!! :D

You and the guests will all have a common ground to talk about- the wedding. Comment on how lovely the church is; the nice flowers or how lovely the cake is. Works for me everytime!!!
Stay smiling and positive and people will start conversations with you to save you hassle of making the first move!!

Good Luck and enjoy this day- don't dread it!!
Angel_Fairy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...