Pregnant - choice of name and effect

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Pregnant - choice of name and effect

Postby Kacy_May » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:31 pm

.Hi PP i have just found out i'm 5 an half months pregnant (I didnt even realise!!). I do have a steady boyfriend and he is very happy. I was wondering, do you think it's ok to call my baby Paige if its a girl, after my best friend who died a little while ago? I think she would love to hear all about this and im v sad that she wont be here for it coz she would have made a lovely godmother.
I'm struggling though with boys names that would remind me of Paige.
It's quite hard to think of having this baby without her as I know she would have love to have come shopping with me :(
Do you think Paige would be too biggr of a burden for my baby?
Kacy
xxx
What we do for ourselves lives and dies with us....
What we do for others is what helps keeps the world in order.
Kacy_May
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Laurajane » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:23 pm

i think thats an absolutely wonderful idea and so very thoughtful of you to think it through so thoroughly. I think that is a gorgeous name ive always had paige in mind if i ever have a baby in the future- so to have a girl with that name and it having an important significance to you is lovely- you can then tell her when she is older if it is a girl about your friend and how important she was in your life and how she would have loved her too!!!
*What do sheep count when they can't sleep?!*
*Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.*
*I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.*
Laurajane
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby gatekeeper » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:56 pm

If you're worried about it being too big a burden for your child to bear, maybe put it as a middle name then tell her about your best friend when she's older. My little cousin's named after my grandmother who passed on 6 years ago.

For boys, maybe type in masculine version for Paige in yahoo and see what they can come up with!
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too...
So I wait for the day and the courage to say how much I love you
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Rogue » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:14 am

I think it's a lovely idea, and I don't think it would be a burden. I'm sure your child would be proud to know that she was named after someone as brave and special as Paige was.

And congratulation to you and your boyfriend on your pregancy, Kacy_May.
Rogue
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to And the rest...