pain

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

pain

Postby lyf-sucks » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:17 am

I know this sounds weird but I feel like I'm connected to pain, if I see someone in pain e.g gettin stabbed on their, leg my leg starts to hurt really bad, or someone's broken a bone, wherever the bone is e.g arm I can't move my arm properly and hurts if I do. Also if I watch things like Casualty and Holby City I seem to freeze up when I see someone in pain and can't move. I've told my friends and asked them and they think I'm strange cos they can't feel pain from other people and think it's weird I can.

Can someone please expain to me why this is happening to me?

edited by all_apologies: please don't use text-talk, and separate your posts into sentences. Cheers 8)
lyf-sucks
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ayeaiii » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:58 pm

I don't think it makes you strange.. don't let people tell you that you are xxx

I must admit I don't know what is the cause of it, but if anything, I think it may show that you are just a very empathetic type of person; you feel for others, to the extent that you feel it physically, perhaps? It is no bad thing, just sad for you that you have to take on such pain.

If it is worrying you, and causing distress, I would recommend you see a doctor.

Oh, and without meaning to sound flippant..may I say, perhaps it is best to stay away from hospital dramas untill this persists... wouldn't like to see you come to any unneccessary pain!

Hope all goes well!
xxx
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Phoenix » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:14 pm

Wow. You could be amazingly profoundly psychic! Wharrt? Don't give me that skeptical look! I mean, they are indeed doing experiments on extra-sensory-perception, and whilst it doesn't seem like much of a 'gift', it does make you unique!

But yeah, what ayeaii said.
Why do we fall? -So we can learn to pick ourselves up again. PM me anytime about anything.
Phoenix
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby art4u2006 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:00 pm

I so know what you mean, I am like that when ever I see blood and feel as if its me bleeding :cry:
art4u2006
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby JayJay » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:47 pm

I wouldnt think its a totally psychic connection. Reason being that you watch shows like Causualty etc where the blood and wounds are all fake, and the pain is all scripted, so theyre arent in actual pain.

You may just be extraordinarily empathetic, and your body reacts like this when you view people who are hurting?

how do you feel when you get the pain? is it just a weird sensation you feel, or do you get affected emotionally as well?
The trouble with life is that there's no background music
JayJay
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby art4u2006 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:32 pm

Or you could just STOP watching Casulaty and other programs like that :D
art4u2006
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...